Chapter One

A/N- Just a heads up there will be spoilers and people who you might not remember. Also if you are reading this thank you and you are amazing. All rights to Alexandra Bracken. Anyways Enjoy!!

Ruby's POV

     I woke up to the excessively loud and annoying beeping of my alarm clock.

That's not gonna get old very soon.

I went to the end of my "bed" which is really a pull out couch, and went to the bathroom to get ready. It was my first day at the Virginia Beach high school. I was of course REALLY looking forward to it(see the sarcasm there). About two weeks ago, my parents had died in a car crash and I moved in with Grams in Virginia near the beach. I had to leave Salem in the middle of my junior year. I had to say goodbye to everyone and everything I had there including my friend Grace who is young but she is still a friend.

Grams got the upstairs bedroom and the only extra room for me was the basement. The room wasn't HORRIBLE, the only thing wrong with it was that it reeked of old mildew. Seeing that it was May I will still have some amount of time to get used to it. My best buddy Sam and I had all these plans for the end of the year at Thurmond. We made a deal that it was okay if I worked at the ice cream shop to gain more money to do things. But, of course, everything changed in the blink of an eye. Now I am at a new school, in a new place without my parents to help me.

Before we left Salem Dad was thinking about coming here anyways because of the money being so tight. He and my mom were then called to the police station. My mom was only there because she was the forensic scientist and had to be there otherwise she would still be here with me and Grams. I finally got bored thinking about all this and put on my Doors hoodie.

I went upstairs to say goodbye to Grams but then I imagined she would still be asleep

I went upstairs to say goodbye to Grams but then I imagined she would still be asleep. It feels like I finally leave the door but I have only been awake for ten minutes. The way to the school was not that long but it would have been shorter if I didn't have to walk all the way there. The walk was somewhat comforting and I almost got lost on my way there. I met a few people on the way but I never really talked to anyone.

A/N-How did I do? Comment do whatever.