Chapter Six

A/N- In this chapter I am going to switch between POVs. All rights to Alexandra Bracken. Enjoy!!

Ruby's POV

The end-of-the-school bell rings, finally, I am the first one out of class. I had to run home because Grams gave me a list of chores to do before she got home from playing cards with her friends. Grams was always coming home with tons of money. Which was good but interesting knowing your grandma gambels. I don't think she likes to work as much as my dad did. He used to overcharge people by a lot when he gave them a parking or speeding ticket.

The basement wasn't horrible at first but I recently discovered that Grams wakes up in the middle of the night and watches TV and then falls asleep with it still on. I took the trash out, did the dishes and put the clothes in the washer and left to find Liam's house. Maybe I will run into someone on the way and save the trip of being lost.  I have been in town for like two weeks and I am walking looking for someone's house. I must be asking to get lost. I went to the beach were I work now and I see Charles with a little girl with black hair and a beautiful pink dress. Since those were the only people I saw I started walking up to them. I almost immediately regretted it.

"Hi, Charles", trying to sound happy to see him. "Do you know where Liam's house is?" He turned toward me and plastered a scowl on his face. "Why?" The little girl looked at him as if trying to say Be nice. She pointed in the direction I came from and put up the number six with her fingers. "Thank you", I said as I offered a fist bump and she took it. I walked in the direction the girl pointed to.

"Why did you tell her Zu?" Chubs was obviously mad at me for something. After that his house is easy to spot, of course it's light blue. I walk up to the stairs in front of his door and knock and stand there and wait for an answer. The door finally opened and I saw Liam's blue eyes.

Liam's POV

I open the door and there is Ruby staring at my eyes. Her green eyes turn orange for a second and I must have looked confused because she quickly broke the connection.

"Uh, come in." She comes in and looks around and starts rummaging through her bag. She hands me a CD case and I look down and it's the Beach Boys. The CD player was the only thing that I still had from my real dad. I put the CD in and the sound of the Beach Boys filled the air.

"Okay let's get started", She said her eyes turning temporarily orange again as she pulled her papers out of her bag. "Hey Green. 'Wouldn't it be nice if we were older'" She looked taken aback to the nickname . "What did you call me?" I looked up and thought she might leave because I called her green. "I called you green because of your eyes." She let out a sigh and turned back to her papers. "Why don't you want to be called green?" "In Thurmond we were classified as colors and I was supposed to be in orange but I knew what they would do to me so I said that I was green and that's what my friend Sam called me", she looked sad at the thought of the memory.

"Sooo....Shall we start the project?"

"Yeah let us do that", Ruby said trying eagerly to change the subject. After about two hours of research I give up and leaned back onto the couch. "I;m sorry I can not take this anymore!" I exclaimed. "I have never done a project this tedious before."

A/N-CLIFFHANGER. HAHAHA