Chapter Three

A/N-YAY Chapter three it feels like it took forever to write the other two. All rights to Alexandra Bracken. Mostly Ruby's POV btw. Anyways, Enjoy!!

Ruby's POV

Technology and Science class were the same as the others. Weird stares me trying to ignore them. But by the time lunch came, it was like I hadn't eaten anything at all(which I didn't).

I waited in line, pushing my tray along with me for which felt like forever. A person who was a few people behind me I could here someone yelling that the pizza was to "covered in pepperoni". With my food tray in my hand and my head down I payed for my food and went to the back empty table and ate my food silently.

"Oh now", someone says sounding like the person in the lunch line. "Who the actual fuck are you", she demands. I lift my head and instead of answering I said, "who are you?"

She sits down diagonal from me and says, "I'm Vida the person who sits here now its your turn boo." Her electric blue hair was cut at her shoulders and she was wearing an army outfit and is quite tall. She looks like someone I would describe as a nightmare trapped in a dream.

"Who's this", asks a kid with curly brown hair and big eyes as he takes a seat. "I don't know who this shit head is, Judith." His eyes started sparkling with curiosity. "This would be the perfect time to, you know, say you name," says Vida. "Ruby, Ruby Daly." "Well nice to meet you, Ruby," says, was it Judith. "Are you new? If you are what grade are you in? Also I am Judith by the way but you can call me Jude!" He seemed to say this while only breathing once and looked like he would have kept going if it wasn't for Vida who cut him off with the words that she nearly screamed, "Judith, unclench dude!" Jude sat down next to Vida who was picking all of the pepperoni off her pizza. "Yes I am new to this school, this is actually my first day. I'm a junior and I just moved here a few days ago and started living with Gra- uh my grandmother." Why didn't I say Grams?  "Well welcome to Virginia High", says Judith with half his pizza in his mouth.

I nod along to what he is saying although most of it I don't hear. The thought made me think about Sam. She was so quiet during class and then would talk to me for hours. I think that's supposed to help me not get homesick or it might do the opposite.

"Anyways", Vida interrupts Jude. "Show me your schedule I am a junior too but Jude is a sophomore."

I show her my schedule and she tells me that we have science then math together. At least I have someone that I know. I can't really call Vida a friend yet but at least class won't be as lonely. I don't know how to describe Vida but she is very..Protective.

Vida turned her head and started staring at a different table when she said "looks like the right side of your face is really interesting to blue over there." At first I am confused but then I look at the table that is filled with people throwing things at each other.

"What?! Oh COME On!" I practically scream it as I see the same golden hair and blue eyes. Again!! It's the kid from English class staring at me. It looked like someone was trying to get his attention by throwing a aluminum ball at his face which he tries to catch but fails. His gaze is still on me and it would've been creepy if he didn't have that small shy smile on his face. There was a guy next to him and then I noticed it was the guy from gym. He still had his book acting like there was nothing happening to him. I stop staring and turn to Vida.

"Blue? Why blue?" I say a bit confused. Vida throws back her head and starts laughing "Well his eyes are blue and I was going to do pencil head but he usually has all blue stuff."

It feels good to laugh but not without Sam. "Really? Do you give everyone such "accurate" nicknames to every one?" She points to the kid with the book as she tries to say without laughing "Of course. Theirs Grannie over there. He is one of my favorite nicknames, I swear he's like an old woman in an unattractive teenager."

 I smile a bit at the nickname "Grannie's" not the happiest person I know. Maybe Vida's not so bad.

A/N-good?bad?better?worse? Tell me please in the comments