CHAPTER 2

Lucas climbed down outside from the Rainbow Wall, "At least, he wasn't doing something worse," he thought. "But still, I couldn't stay here for long, I must move to somewhere Sabre knew where we'll go when the Town is taken over..."
He paused and looked around, scanning for familiar places when something just hit him, "The Plains where we met Plague Steve!" He quickly searched for something to tell Sabre in his inventory, then paused.
"No, what if Rainbow Steve saw the sign and come to hunt us?" He told himself that he shouldn't place a sign, but he couldn't find anything to tell Sabre where he will be without Rainbow Steve noticing something's wrong.
He peeked through the gate entrance, "weird..." he thought, "I can still break blocks here, Rainbow Steve didn't put a curse in this area..." he turned back and slid down against the wall, sitting on the grassy ground.
"Or... should I wait Sabre here?" He pondered.
Suddenly, something hit him. Light Steve and Silver Steve can help! He got up and rushed into the woods, surely he could just glide there, but he didn't want Rainbow Steve know where he was going. His footsteps echoed through the trees, some leaves were falling, calling the Fall's arrival like last year. He kept watching out for lightning and thunder, making sure that Rainbow Steve wasn't following him at all. He spotted the same old oak tree. He dug the grass block in front of it and it revealed a small hole with a portal to his world inside. Quickly, he jumped in and covered the hole. Lucas turned back to the gleaming portal as he walked inside.
"Light Steve? Silver Steve?" Lucas yelled after he landed on the plains from his short elytra gliding. He then stopped dead, terrified to see the land in front of him all filled with craters created by firecharge spam. There were also spheres of blocks in the distance, Lucas couldn't see them clearly, but he knew only a fight between Steves could result in that tragedy. The house was also wrecked by lighting as the rooftop was slowly engulfed by fire which spread from the wool.
He stepped on the damaged ground, calling his partners. "I need your help! Please!" He hurried to his house and opened the door. It was a mess inside too. And there was fire everywhere. "Light Steve? Silver Steve?" He repeated, but yet, none of them appeared. Worried, he dashed out and ran into his basement, skipping two steps at a time. When he arrived, his eyes widened in horror, "Light Silver Steve!" He ran to the fusion, who was hurt severely as he sat against the wall and covered his wound on the arm with his hand. He wasn't close to healthy, he was merely dying! Blood dripped everywhere, as Lucas could tell, Light Silver Steve had lost a battle. But against whom? He quickly wrote a sign down and placed it in front of the injured Steve.
"What happened? Did any evil Steves attack you? That's why you're fused together?"
Light Silver Steve shook his head. Yet, he added, "Em dekatta meht fo enon. Meht tn'saw ti"
Lucas quickly took out a bandage he had collected during his travels to another dimension. "Hope it works", he thought, "it's the last portion, at least, now I can treat his wounds."
He drew the bandage nearer as Light Silver Steve looked at it, then at Lucas with confusion. "Oh, right," Lucas exclaimed. He wrote a sign and placed it down in front of him, "This is a bandage. It helps to stop bleeding."
Light Silver Steve seemed relieved after reading the sign, he shove his wounded arm to Lucas as he dressed the cut. He couldn't help thinking who Light Silver Steve was battling with, but whoever it was, he was strong. As far as he knew, Light Steve was pretty strong himself. A strong-bonded fusion with his mega clone could be a powerful combo with his attacks, like Ultra Steve. But somebody beat him, beat the fusion. If there's anything that could reach the same level or maybe even overpower him were Nightmare, Chaos, Dark and Infinity Steves. But they were all goners, so there's basically no Steve who could do this much damage. He then figured out that the fusion was saying "It wasn't them. None of them attacked me." His first guess was Rainbow Steve, but if Light Silver Steve dealt with this much damage, Rainbow Steve could also be injured.
Or was he? Clouds of mystery flooded through Lucas. He decided to push this away, thinking that treating Light Silver Steve or even bringing him to the Rainbow Town was his first priority. He wrote a sign down, saying, "I will make a machine to recharge and heal you." He wanted to place another sign saying that he would have to fight Rainbow Steve, if it was, again. Lucas hesitated, then decided to delete the additional message he wanted to give. He ran to the chests and took some iron blocks, redstone dust, some pistons, repeaters and all the other items he would need to make a healing machine. He rushed back to find a suitable place to assemble it. To his delight, he saw some moderate space in the corner. "Perfect," he thought.
Lucas dug the base and filled the hole with iron blocks. He placed the pistons and connected them with redstone. Constantly checking if he accidentally blocked the circuit while he placed white stained glass around it. He went on top of his build and placed a hopper, then put Light Shards in it. Then, he jumped down, connected some redstone repeaters and placed a lever. With a final check, he flicked the lever to test his healing machine. The pistons extended perfectly well. "Works like a charm!" He murmured to himself with a bit of pride in his tone.
Lucas turned it back off and turned to Light Silver Steve. He nodded in return as he stepped into the machine chamber, between the pistons. "On the count of three..."
"3..."
"2..."
"1!" He pushed the lever, stepping back from the machine. Lightning and thunder roared in the bunker, but Lucas, Sabre and Rainbow Steve had encountered lightning and thunder for a year, so he definitely didn't seem to freak out. After a while, it stopped. Lucas went to check if the Light Stones in the hopper were gone, and yes, there were. Immediately, he pulled back the lever to unlock Light Silver Steve, who was feeling refreshed and healthy. His wounds faded and he looked joyful. The fusion stepped out, checking where his wounds were supposed to be, then smiled at Lucas. "Uoy knaht." It spoke.
"You're the most welcome!" Lucas replied using his sign, he was glad to have his friend back healthily. He decided that having Light Silver Steve battling Rainbow Steve right after he was injured, which were the weakest times of a Steve, was not a good idea, yet, he was also worried about his confidence.
"He needs a break," he told himself, "somehow I have to face it with Sabre, or worse, alone..." he walked out from his basement and gazed at the chaotic leftover land, "but before that, I have to fix this place before it gets any worse." Lucas adjusted his red cap and went off to fill the damaged walls of the house with cobblestone and wood.