17

"Ok first of all. Why are my children suspects in a murder trial and why is my 5 year old son one of them" I asked confused these two men could think such things.

"Mrs Mills they are close people to him who live near by. All your children are suspects since we don't have evidenced where they were. Cliff is obviously to young to have been able to" Robert says softly.

"But you think Alex is" Emma asked annoyed.

"My 5 year old Down syndrome son is a suspect? I'm sure that comes up a lot in your trials. Right under man killed by balloon" I sarcastically add.

"Mrs Mills we understand what your feeling. We're only doing our job. I need to know where all of your children were at the time of the murder" Carl says looking up at us.

"Well they were at the park. I know that for sure" I quickly say.

"How do you know" Carl curiously asked.

"Because my children wouldn't dare lie to me and if they did I can tell. No matter how much they try it's in there eyes" I snapped back.

"Well we still need to talk to them and we need you to tell us what happened between mike and Henry" Robert asked.

"Are they on about the slap" Emma asked.

"Yeah. Mike and robin came here and was drunk. They wanted to know why I married Emma and not stayed with robin. I'm a lesbian but they didn't understand that I don't think. Henry came over since they were shouting at me. I was calm and didn't care. Mike had such a kind heart but when he was that drunk robin managed to make him horrible. He called me a lying bitch. Henry slapped him before shouting to get away. Robin got angry and shouted at Henry. As you can guess henry then punched robin. I closed the door before anything else happened" I say softly to them.

The detective both wrote down what I was writing. Emma and I held each other's hand. I can't believe they are actually questioning us about this. I look at my wife and she looked to me. She kissed my cheek softly before I rest my head upon her shoulder.

"So Henry had a motive to kill him" Carl asked.

"Absolutely not. Henry hit him to smack some sense into that man. The only person he truly hates in this world is robin and he's very much alive" I snapped.

"He was seen leaving the house with a blue hoodie on and returned without with" Robert says showing us two cctv camera photos.

"So? It's Florida. It's hot here" Emma asked with a confused laugh.

"But there was no site of the hoodie itself. Where did it go" Robert asked.

I stood up and walked over to the speaker. I push the button and leaned close to it.

"Henry sweetie come down here please" I say into the speaker.

I'm done talking for him so he can. I know my children are innocent no matter what. Henry walked into the lounge and looked confused.

"What's going on" he asked confused.

"They have some questions for you" I say softly as I put my arm around his shoulder.

"What is it" Henry asked as he looked at them.

"There has been a murder mr mills. Your uncle mike" Robert says looking up at him.

"Ow shit. Man that's terrible" he says looking really upset.

"Yes it is. You are a subject in the case unfortunately" Carl says softly.

"Me? What the hell" Henry spat.

"You left the house with a navy blue jumper but returned without" Robert starts.

"Where is it" Carl asked.

Henry looked down and sighed. He then looked at me and I nodded softly to him. As if I'm giving him promotion to talk. He smiled slightly and looked back at the detectives.

"My girlfriends house. I left the park at about 12ish since she was crying and needed me" he says softly and shyly to them.

They looked at each other then back at us. Both stood up and Robert took handcuffs out.

"Henry Mills. Your under arrest for the murder of Mike Bombina. Anything you say can and will be used in the court of law" Robert says as he started handcuffing Henry.

"Wait what are you doing" I asked shocked.