Bullet

Prompt: Toni gets shot instead of Fangs in 2x20

Toni's POV

My girlfriend Cheryl and I are at Sweetwater River staring at the sunset. Cliché, I know. "TT?" Cheryl says breaking the silence. "Yeah, babe ?" I say looking at her. "C-Can I tell you something?" She asks looking down."You know you can tell me anything, Cher." I say putting my finger underneath her chin making her look at me not in a forceful way. "Toni...I....I-" She gets cut off by my phone ringing.

I take it out and it was Sweetpea. I automatically assume it's nothing so I turn off my phone and put it away.  "Sorry about that, what were you gonna say?" I ask. "Nothing nevermind." She says quickly looking back at the sunset. A few minutes later I move my hand so it's on top of hers. I don't know what is about her but... I get this strange feeling in my stomach every time I'm with her. I know we're dating but I can't stop this feeling.

Is this love? Would she even feel the same way? Should I tell her? Jeez...why am I such a mess? "Hey, um Cheryl...I...I-" I get cut off by my phone ringing again. "Are you serious!" I groan. I answer the phone.

*Phone Convo*

Toni: What do you want Sweetpea?!?!

Sweetpea: Get your ass to the Sheriff's Station now!

Toni: Why?

Sweetpea: It's Fangs, we gotta get him out of the station and we need your help! All of the fucking Northside is out here, they still think he killed Midge and people want him dead!

Toni: Ok calm down I'll be there in 20

*Phone Convo Ends*

"C'mon we gotta go," I say getting up. "Why? What's wrong?" Cheryl asks getting up too. "It's Fangs. I have to help deal with a bunch of angry Northsiders.  I'm gonna drop you off at Thistlehouse." I say walking to my bike. Cheryl grabs my arm which makes me stop walking. "What?! No, you're not I'm coming with you!" She says worriedly. "No, you're not Cheryl," I say sternly. "What if something happens to you!" She yells.

"Cheryl nothing is gonna happen to me," I say grabbing her hands trying to calm her down. "You don't know that Toni! I don't want you to get hurt, let me come with you." She says pulling back her hands. "Cheryl I love you too much to put you in any type of danger!" I accidentally blurt out. D-Did I just tell her what I thought I just told her? "Y-You love me?" She asks with a shocked expression. "Yes... I do. I don't know why it took me so long to realize it." I say. "C'mon let's go." She says walking. 

I felt tears about to come out of my eyes and instantly wiped them away.  Everything was going great until I had to go fuck it all up! I knew I shouldn't've told her. I give Cheryl a helmet then I hop on the bike. I start up the engine and drive off.

*When They Arrive At Thistlehouse*

The whole ride was silent. Cheryl takes off her helmet and gets off the bike. She walks next to me and moves a strand of my hair behind my ear and rests her hand on my cheek. "Please be safe  Mon Trésor." She says a little bit above a whisper. "I always am Bombshell," I say with a small smile. She smiles back. Cheryl put the helmet on my head and then leans in to kiss me but she stops herself.

"I-I'll see you when you get back." She says before walking off. I let out a sad sigh. I flip the helmet visor down and drive off.

*When Toni got to the Sheriff's Office*

"There you are Topaz," Fp says. "Let's get him out of here," I say. We push through all the people who were in our way to the door. Once we all got in I see Fangs looking like he was about to cry. Once he sees me and Sweetpea her runs up to us and hugs us. "I don't want to die." He says weakly. "Hey, Hey look at me. You're not gonna die, I have a plan." I say trying to calm him down.