Chapter 4: The New Cook

7:00AM, England’s Cabin.

Unconsciously, the captain fell asleep again. This had caused him so much trouble that he even overslept. Usually, this happens to England when he’s over-thinking things. It could have involved the movement of the ship, their haul or their piracy. No one of his crews could actually tell what he was thinking, so everyone refuses to help.

Or...it could be because the ‘show’ he had put last night. That ‘release’ could have been tiring for him.

He stood up from his bed after rubbing his head a bit and headed out from his room. Almost no crew was left on his deck, which pissed the captain a lot when he was done scanning the place. No one was holding or guarding the wheel, no one was on watch. What the hell is happening here? The same crew, who had picked up France awhile ago, approached his ferocious captain.

“Sire!” greeted the other after saluting to him.

England did the same, with his eyes not removing the annoyance he was feeling. “What’s the hell’s happening here?”

“Ah, the breakfast’s ready, sire!”

“Breakfast? But, I’m the one who’s—”

“Do worry not, sire! Everything’s already prepared. All of our crews are taking their bounties now. You, too, should head to the Bretheren Court, captain!”

“What...?” The captain watched his crew walked away with a mixture of annoyance and confusion swirling inside him. He didn’t know or get what that person was trying to imply—all of the answers might possibly be in the court itself.

And so, without a few more hesitation, England stepped to the said ‘meeting’ place. What the hell? I thought no one, I mean, NO ONE, doesn’t know how to cook aside me. Who’s this bilge rat? Was he deceiving me for a long time? Or was his urge to cook for everyone dropped when he found out how good I am at cooking? He laughed to himself while he hammered himself towards the meeting place and felt a bit conceited. I can’t blame him or myself.