Chapter 9: Attitude Shifts

1:00AM, England’s Cabin.

“There. I’ve tended all your wounds. Take a rest until you get better.” The captain intentionally made himself fall on his bed, leaving France sitting on it with his left leg over there. England placed his right arm over his forehead and contemplated the ceiling, darting his emerald hues around it.

“Hey, Captain—”

“What?”

“Why are you...?” France slouched and hugged his leg before continuing his question. A worried sigh escaped his lips. “Um, why are you doing this? I mean, you’re a pirate and, you know...”

“Because your father sold you.”

France felt a lightning get into him; his eyes were in a bombshell, his heart raced. “What do you..?”

England closed his eyes while in the same position. “You heard it right, git. He sold you. It was the queen’s order, to sell you to me. I, too, was surprised to what your father said but since it was an order from the queen, I just bought you all the way. Even though, I don’t really want to.”

The Frenchman remained silent for a few minutes. ...What does that mean? Is he lying...?

“S’wrong? Crying?”

“My Dad... He really loved me. He just needed to sell me because the queen ordered him to do so...right? I know he’ll be back soon.”

How optimist... It’s not like you at all. “Whatever you believe in, then yeah.”

But despite those positive words from the Frenchman, he crumpled on the bed and cried silently. His winces were heard; echoing at the dark night as the captain let him release everything through crying.

You’re just...not in the right time to know everything, France...

Another day had followed as the maize French woke up from the usual noise in the morning. The sea was vast—if he could, he would swim the whole blue sea and spot beautiful coral reefs. But, his feet were injured.

10:00AM, England’s Cabin.

The usual sound of the door echoed in his ears, only to spot the same person he was with last night. “Oh, England. You’re back—”

The captain rushed towards the other and lifted his chin ruggedly, “What did you just call me? ‘England’?”

“Yeah? Isn’t that your name—”

“Don’t fuck around with me. Address me properly.”

“C.. Tch. Captain England.”

England threw France’s face away and looked at him.

“Oh, why are you giving me that unbeautiful lame face, friendless captain England? Don’t tell me you’re worried about me?” W-What are these words coming from my mouth? I’m being rude and...

Flashback:

“Come with France-niichan and let’s spread rumours about Germany! Since he’s getting strong lately, we have to do something. Another problem was that Poland didn’t get what we were trying to imply.”

Both of them went to Germany’s place as they were dressed in black formal suit, exactly how mafia members look like. They were also wearing black glasses to hide their personality—for people not to recognize them.

“Let’s spread rumours about Germany!”

“Yeah!”

France approached a German citizen and said, “Hey, did you know? Germany loves t do...” the next words were inaudible—it was covered by people’s buzzes.