Chapter 8: Flashbacks are the Cause of Headaches

7:30AM, Bretheren Court.

“Mateys, you can have as many as you want!” invited their captain with such determination in his eyes and a grin in his lips.

No one dared to move. All of them looked at their captain with comical blue lines appeared at their forehead’s temple. “......................” Silence had begun to cover the place.

The grin was still in place, as well as his determination. These pirate crews had been spoiled too much by France that’s why they needed to learn—by eating these scones, that is. England waited for someone to have a grab. Accidentally, he heard his crews’ stomachs grumble in hunger. Because of that, his grin got wider. “Come on, lads! Don’t be shy! I know you’re all hungry...”

France waited for some other people to touch his food, because those reactions didn’t make him feel at east, at all.

Without any choices left, a crew grabbed the scone and took a bite as the color of his face became darker. Yet, he continued eating it. Because if he spewed it right in front of their captain, he’ll definitely get angry as well complain that they had wasted the money and effort both the parties earned. Growling stomach was one England had, and without doubt, he ate his own scones and became conceited. “They taste good, right?”

Other crews followed what the first one did and felt the same thing. As far as they wanted to choke it, they just couldn’t. Most of them just thought of this as another ordinary day in the seas.

The Frenchman grabbed one of the scones in front of him and took a little bite. Nasty. He had no choice but to eat these because he might just die from hunger little later. At this point, France could actually feel what these crews feel. As bad as he wanted to cook for them, the ingredients weren’t at good quantity so...he guessed they would be staying in these kind of life for the following days.

Night had visited the pirates again. Tomorrow would be another usual day, for they would be eating scones too and even for the next day and the day after that and the day next to that and—

All of them were on their respective cabins, sleeping peacefully while the moon became their night watcher. Some crews were around the ship’s deck or the lower deck, placing themselves there like a packed-up can of sardines. If England didn’t take care of France, the Frenchman would definitely be sleeping with those bilge rats there.

Feet had revealed itself as it entered France’s cabin. Surprised, it was vacuous. No one was there. To take on or to release the madness he was feeling, he headed straight to the captain’s quarters. His steps were as inaudible as he could, exactly like how a ninja searches for his target.

Somehow, France woke up from his sleep. His eyes were half-lidded as he made his way out of the cabin. The hotness of the weather was getting into the Frenchman’s nerves. Walking off from the room, France pulled his shirt and moved it in and out for some air to sooth his body. He went to the side of the ship like what he usually does when he wants to watch the water waves or feel the soft breeze.

So...hot. Albeit that we’re on a ship and the air feels so good, it’s still hot. The maize male continued contemplating the water and felt the cool surrounding nudged his skin.

Thump, thump, thump.

What’s with that sound? It’s not beautiful at all—

A man grabbed him from the back and covered his mouth, avoiding more noise to linger at the quiet night. “So, it was you, huh?” mumbled the strange chap in a tone of question. “I’ll kill you, right here, right now, little lady.”

“Mmm! Mmmmm!!!” struggled France, trying to let go himself from the other male’s tight grips. And since it was so tight, he couldn’t let himself free.