MUM

JOE'S POV ~
Today was our last day in Australia. Dianne cried from the moment she got up. I rubbed her back and pulled the covers back over us and we cuddled some more. I feel like that calmed Dianne a little. "We'll FaceTime them at least twice a week Di." I reassured her with a kiss. Dianne sighed and I let her sleep in a little whilst I packed.
After lunch, Dianne curled up on her mum's lap.
"Dianne you haven't curled up on me since you were a baby ." She said with a laugh.
"I'm just going to miss you all so much, I love you Mum."
"I love you too Dianne, we all do." Her mum said.

About two hours later, I took Tegan upstairs to change her nappy, only to find Dianne crying once more when I came back down. It was only a sniffly cry, but a cry nonetheless.
"Mamma," Tegan chirped for the first time. "Mamma, Mamma." She repeated.
Immediately, Dianne's face lit up as she started to cry again. This time though, she was crying happy tears.
We were both so proud of our little princess. I couldn't believe my ears. I held back the tears as I spoke, "well done princess, aren't you clever." I gushed.
Dianne on the other hand, couldn't control her excitement.
"MUM, DAD COME QUICK!"
"What is it ?" They both asked, sounding alert.
"IT'S TEGAN SHE'S SPEAKING, SHE'S ACTUALLY SPEAKING!"
"OHMYGOD !" Her Mum shouted, running downstairs, "WHAT DID SHE SAY?"
"She said Mamma." I interrupted, letting a tear or two run down my own cheek for once.

{A/N I've decided to start another fic now because this one will take ages to finish. It's not a sequel and updates will not be as frequent but I hope you enjoy 🥰 😂}