Part Ten| Destined to be Hurt

He was carrying me. Bridal style.

What. The FUCK.

Okay so maybe I'm enjoying it. Knight had his arm under my knees, and another holding my back. My arms were wrapped around his neck, and my head was snuggling the crook of his neck.

I had way too much to drink. My eyes struggled to open as I remembered the events in the past three hours.

***
I felt light, loose, happy. I was actually enjoying myself. I danced, the rhythm of the music beneath my feet. 

I looked around, and saw Knight leaning back against a wall, arms crossed looking towards me with a small smirk. I walked towards him and grasped his hands with mine dragging him towards the dance floor. 

"No, no, no, no we are not gonna dance. Shortcake I don't dance." I met his eyes, and raised my eyebrow. "Don't act cool, we are going to dance whether you want to or not. You are the one who dragged me here, Knight and I swear if you don't dance I will claw your eyes out." 

He started to laugh, and I joined along. God, I was really drunk. 

"Alright c'mon for me." I smiled, "For you." He grabbed my waist, as I wrapped my arms around his neck. 

"You know, It's been a long time since I drank," I shut my eyes, trying to put the words back into my mouth, yet it was too late. 

"I was an alcoholic just like my father, I guess that's why I used to hate him so much. I wanted for him to be my savior, to help me, guide me, nothing ever turns out as you plan huh?" I chuckle, leaving a bitter taste. 

"I turned to alcohol in sophomore year, after everything came crashing down. That was the year everything crashed down. I stopped this summer you know. It just helped. It was my safe haven. " 

I felt Troy's palms on both sides of my face, his eyes burnt into mine. "What happened Arabella?" 

A small, bitter smile swept across my lips, "Another story for another day, Knight, I'm just really tired now."  

All the alcohol in my system started to make me sleepy. I could feel Knight's arms around me as he pulled me into a hug. 

"I'm so sorry Ara, truly sorry." He whispered, and I fell into a deep sleep. 

***

I'm in deep, deep shit. He was not supposed to know that! Damn it, I hate my drunk self, such a big-mouth. 

I realized we were walking away from the motorcycle, just in front of my house. I unwrapped my arms, and stood up, soon wobbling, having Knight catching me.

"Woah, easy." His arms went over my shoulders, and he held me until he opened the door and walked inside closing the door behind him. He placed me on my couch, and I fixed a pillow for myself. I put my hair up in a bun to keep pieces of hair falling into my eyes. How do I still have energy for this? 

I noticed Knight fixing a blanket for myself, and he placed it on top of me. My eyes felt droopy, and slowly sleep engulfed me.

***

[Third person]

Troy Knight watched Arabella slowly falling asleep. His curiosity for her grew. Troy never wanted to be so intertwined with someone like Arabella Winters. Arabella to him, was a mystery, a puzzle Troy wanted to solve, as quick as possible. It wasn't like him sticking around, and holding on to someone. Troy didn't want anyone. 

Didn't need anyone. 

Troy eyed Arabella. He noticed how thin pieces of her dark hair were framing her face, falling out of her bun. Her dark lashes brushing against her sharp cheekbones. Rosy lips slightly ajar, Troy felt a sudden rush to touch them. Troy walked away, and sat on a chair. Memories from the night rushed into him, speeding fast like lightening. He can still feel how she was pressed against him. He can hear her laugh, and see her smile. What's happening to me?

His heart was racing, and his palms were getting sweaty, stomach churning. Troy didn't like this, not at all. 

With clenched fists, and a racing heartbeat, Troy Knight went out the door. 

***

[Arabella Winters]

I woke up with a cramp in my neck, and tangled hair. I removed the blanket off of me, and saw no trace of Knight. I walked to the bathroom and took a hot shower, and brushing my teeth. The frigid air hit me like a ton of bricks. 

Hangovers were the worst, and right now it hurt like a bitch. I walked out of the bathroom, in a hoodie, and leggings. Walking over to the kitchen, I got out some pain killers. After taking a few, walking back to my room, I jumped in my bed, and crawled in the blanket with my phone. 

*CALL ME ASAP OMFG ARABELLA* Seeing Jasmine's text, i soon called her. 

"ARABELLA YES FINALLY. OK WE ARE GOING SHOPPING AND I'M NOT TAKING NO FOR AN ANSWER SEE YOU IN 30 MINUTES!" Jasmine's excitement rolled off, and i soon sighed hanging up. 

I kept my hoodie on, and jumped into a pair of black skinny jeans. With my hair damp, I kept it down and applied a few coats of black mascara and a little bit of concealer. Putting on lip balm, and my black chucks, I walked out the door. 

***

"I need to get you a dress, pronto! The dance is next Friday and you must come. Lyric and I are going, why not you?!" Jas's frantic voice rang through the mall. I chuckled lightly, and walked into a store that had pretty dresses on display. 

"God, I give up. Fine I'll go to the stupid dance if it means so much to you." I rolled my eyes, and saw Jasmine's hazel eyes lit up and we went through racks and racks of dresses.

***

"Jasmine! I can't do this anymore I really can't." Out of breathe, I sat in a chair. Right now, we were looking for shoes. Jasmine got me a regal purple skater dress, which the dress went floor length, and was a sweetheart neckline. It had a belt made of sliver rhinestones on the waist, and it was simple, yet elegant. 

"Yes!! Found them!" Holding up a pair of silver sparkly pumps, Jasmine grinned and my eyes widened.

"God no, hell no, just no. Seriously Jasmine?" I crossed my arms, and glared at her.

Grinning Jasmine walked over to the cashier, and payed for them. "Why are you paying? I can afford these ya know." I looked at Jasmine, and she just shook her head smiling.

Jasmine, and I walked out of the store, in hysterics seeing a child in a superman costume running around the mall, and their parents chasing him.

"Bunny? That you?"

My heart stopped, my breathe hitched, and my whole world stopped turning.

***

OMFG WOW I'M SO SORRY WOW ITS BEEN A FEW MONTHS HOW ARE YA? So sorry for not uploading, no time, and just school ya guys. This is super short, and I'm so sorry you guys waited that long for an upload! With school, and recent finals and exams life's been hectic. You guys peeked into Troy's mind! Did you like it? Love it? Hate it? Comment below! If you've enjoyed this chapter, please vote, and comment! It's greatly appreciated! 

Happy Reading,  

Janna