Chapter 2

Angel left Zara's that night but, instead of going back to the clubhouse, went straight home. His head was clouded, much busier than usual, and it wasn't something he could ignore by seeing his brothers. Angel had to make a decision about Zara, the woman who had infiltrated his life and taken up residence in his head. Should he keep seeing her, following his own feelings, or do the brotherly thing and let EZ pursue her? When he fell asleep he was no closer to an answer than when he first laid his head on the pillow.

The next morning Angel arrived at the yard as he usually did and started his day. EZ approached the table where Angel and Creeper were sitting, Romero work shirts on their backs with coffee and cigarettes in their hands.

"Hey," EZ said as he joined them. "What's up?"

Creeper shook his head, still looking half asleep, and Angel shrugged a little before answering.

"Nothing."

"You both have a yard shift?" EZ asked casually making conversation.

Creeper nodded. "I'm going for a refill. You need coffee?" He asked EZ as he stood to refill his own

"I'm good," EZ said, surprised Creeper didn't make him go get the refill, "Thanks."

Angel watched as Creeper strolled away before turning back to his brother. "You like Zara?" He asked.

EZ was taken aback and he showed it. "Yeah, I do," he smiled a little, "I think we have a lot in common."

Frowning a little, Angel nodded. "So Saturday is your idea of a date?" He asked mockingly. "Book shopping and lunch?"

"She sounded excited," EZ said confidently. "What? You're interested?" There was a bit of surprise in his voice.

"Yeah," Angel said defensively. "Why?"

"I just don't think you're her type," he told Angel, "And she doesn't seem like yours."

Angel would have agreed with EZ before actually having a conversation with Zara. Now that he had, though, he didn't think EZ knew what he was getting into.

"Why? Cause she's a teacher?" Angel asked.

"Different interests," EZ said simply.

"Different interests," Angel scoffed. "You two gonna get married and have some Ivy League kids?"

EZ shook his head. "What are you talking about? What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing," Angel said dismissively.

He looked at EZ, lips tight, and shook his head. There was a part of him that new he was projecting his own insecurities onto the situation but he still felt EZ was, to put it frankly, being a dick.

"You're good if I go?" EZ asked Angel. "Tell me if you're not."

Angel smirked a little bit. "Go ahead, little brother. If you need directions to her place, let me know. I can help you get there."

"Her place?" EZ asked quickly. "You were there?"

"Last night," he said, winking at EZ, "I didn't stay though. Don't worry."

"I'm not," EZ said casually.

They looked at each other for a second before Angel headed into the clubhouse and EZ returned to his trailer.

"Was that a fight?" Chucky asked Coco, the two of them having watched the interaction from the office.

Coco didn't know. It was oddly light-hearted but still tense and Coco knew Angel well enough to see he was legitimately offended, even hurt, by EZ's assumptions.