Chapter 24

"What is this shit?" Angel asked, hurrying to catch up with Bishop as they swaggered into the building through the long rows of seamstresses.

"Galindo," Bishop said. "Not sure what though." Stopping, Bishop put his hand on Angel's shoulder to still him. "I know you're dealing with some personal shit, shit that's tied into this, but you leave it outside. Got me?"

"Ya, I got you," he grumbled.

Bishop and Angel nodded at each other before continuing deeper into the building. When they saw Galindo, Devante and Alvarez, Angel instantly noticed Nestor wasn't in attendance. He relaxed, a small smile on his face, as Miguel began to speak.

"As you are all well aware, we've started working with yet another one of Zara's ex's," Miguel's eyes fell on Angel for a brief moment. "According to him, Los Olvidados is crossing the fence and spreading their propaganda along our side of the border."

"And what?" Bishop asked flippantly.

"And I want you to verify what he's saying," Miguel said sharply.

"You pay us to protect your product," Bishop said, "We're not your errand boys or some private investigators. You got a team for that," he said.

"I do," Miguel nodded, "But you are our point on this side of the border and lately Nestor has been waylaid." A smile played on his lips. "I'll double your payment this month if you can find out who is doing this, rebel or not."

Just then, strolling in behind Miguel, came Nestor. He whispered something into Miguel's ear before acknowledging the Mayans. First, he looked at Bishop with a polite but cold nod then, his eyes skimmed the group for Angel.

Nestor's lips curled into a smirk wondering if Angel knew about his relationship with Zara. The rage spreading on Angel's face told Nestor that he had in fact heard all about it. They stared at each other from across the room, his grin only making Angel more furious, until Nestor winked before turning serious again.

"I have a list of locations with exact coordinates" Nestor said, pulling a paper from his breast pocket. "Two in the desert just over the border, three more further north, and one up in Slab City."

Nestor held the paper out to Taza, the closest Mayan, while Bishop and Miguel stared each other down.

"We'll do it," Bishop finally said, signaling for Taza to take the paper. The Mayans knew they really didn't have much of an option.

"Does any of this not make sense, Angel?" Miguel asked, seeing Angel mumbling something to Coco. "Do you have any questions?"

Angel's head snapped up, wide eyed, and quickly shook his head. "No. No questions."

"You know what they say," Miguel smirked, "There are no stupid questions."

"Just stupid people," Nestor said with a smirk.

Angel pushed his way through the others but Tranq was planted firmly between Angel and Nestor.

"Lemme lay this fucking pussy out," Angel growled.

"Is this going to be a problem?" Miguel asked the group, his voice raised but his calm demeanor remained.

"Let him through," Nestor suggested, squaring up for a fight, "Let's make this shit quick, I got a pussy to lay out too."

Angel charged, struggling against Tranq while Nestor smirked and leaned in. "Did you know about that little spot right..," Nestor couldn't finish as Angel grabbed one of his braids. It was only then then Alvarez interfered, grabbing Angel's kutte and pulling him back. He looked at Miguel and his men, who now had their guns drawn, and shook his head.