Chapter 30

"Hey," Zara whispered, "Angel, you have to wake up."

Grumbling something sleepily, Angel rolled away from her and continued sleeping. Zara huffed and gave his ass a sharp smack, startling him awake. He turned back toward her and grabbed her, pulling her on top of him with a smirk.

"You want me that bad just say it," he said smugly.

"I wish this was only about sex," she complained.

Angel frowned. "What?"

"We need to put a little bit of space here until I can make a clean break," she sighed. "I want everything to be peaceful and pleasant for everyone."

Letting out an annoyed huff, Angel moved Zara down to sit on his thighs so he could sit up. "And after you make your peaceful, pleasant break?"

"Then I come back here and you come back here and we...try again."

"Better make it count," he said quietly.

"You tired of trying too?"

"Trying gives us the chance to fuck up and if I'm anything, I'm a fucking fuck up."

Zara smacked his stomach. "You are not but we have bad luck. No more tries then, we're just gonna do it. Do or do not, there is no try."

"Nah if you use the line you gotta do it in a Yoda voice," he teased her.

"Shut up," she laughed.

"I like your plan," he said seriously. "We're gonna do it."

"We are," she beamed. "And you wanna know what the first step is?"

Angel cocked an eyebrow. "What?"

"You pack up your stuff, put that shit hole on the market and move your ass in here."

"Oh, you taking control? Telling me I'm moving in here?"

"Yep," she snapped back with a smirk.

"Alright, I'm a feminist and shit, you can take charge."

"I already have," she said, leaning in to kiss him.

"Plus my place really is a shithole," he added. "I'm moving up in the world."

"I love you," she sighed. "I'll call you in a few days."

Angel nodded, pulling her closer and kissing her deeply. "Not yet, I want a real goodbye first."

*Later That Day*

Emily and Zara met up at their favorite lunch spot, a tiny cafe close to the border, with two men from Galindo's team lingering nearby.

"Hey," Emily eagerly hugged Zara when she arrived. "I feel like I haven't seen you in forever."

"Yeah," Zara laughed. "Lately it's been the four of us it was getting kind of tiresome."

"They're suffocating at times," Emily said gesturing to the men sitting a table over. "So how are you?"

Zara opened her mouth but hesitated. "Honestly, I don't know."

"Felipe is still doing well?" She asked with concern.

"Oh yeah," Zara said. "He'll be home in the next few days. I kind of want him to stay with me, he makes me nervous."

"Trust me, that old man can take care of himself," Emily laughed. "He's wonderful," she added nostalgically.

"Look at his sons," Zara remarked. "He's gotta be tough as nails."