30

Taehyung's POV

After my disastrous day at work, I had recklessly driven home as fast as I could. I didn't really care about consequences anymore. I thought that if I somehow got into a crash, it wouldn't be the worst thing that had ever happened to me. If I died, it was a plus.

I went home to Jimin and told him what had happened. I let my emotions out in his arms while I cried for as long as I could until I had to fix myself up and go pick up Jihoon. Jimin came along with me and he made everything go by more smoothly. He held my hand while I looked like I was on the verge of falling apart.

I tried to ignore the pain in my body from the punches that I had taken earlier. I tried not to think about Jinyoung's hands on me. I tried so hard, and I kinda succeeded thanks to Jimin.

Yoongi and Namjoon saw me and it didn't take long to figure out that something was wrong. My face made it evident that I had been crying my eyes out and that I was just doing terribly, but they didn't get a chance to ask me anything. 

I was glad to be able to go back to Jimin's arms when we got to his apartment. I loved how he didn't complain as I got his shirt wet with tears once again and gripped onto him tightly while I sobbed. I loved him for holding me just as tightly and crying with me. 

As grateful as I was for it though, I also felt guilty about it. I knew he must be tired of it. When I woke up the next day, I decided that I would end the cycle of misery and try to get better. 

I ignored all of the calls from Sunmi and Hyuna because I wasn't ready to face the troubles with work yet. 

Instead I silenced my phone and put it aside to look back at Jimin. He was still sleeping, finally resting and at peace. 

His head was resting at a weird angle, but he seemed comfortable. I reached my hand out to touch his soft cheek. He let out a groan as he stretched and blinked his eyes as he woke up. He slowly turned to look at me and gave me a little smile. "Morning," he said in a groggy voice. 

"Hey Minie," I said as I pulled him closer to me. 

He smiled as we snuggled up against each other. Our bodies were pressed together, radiating warmth that was comforting in the cold of his apartment.

His eyes suddenly widened. "Shouldn't you be at work?" he said as he sat up a bit, still keeping contact with me. 

"I'm not going today," I said

He raised an eyebrow at me. "Did they tell you not to come in today?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. They called but I didn't feel like answering."

Jimin looked shocked. "What? You just ignored them?... What?"

"Weren't you the one that wanted me not to go to work anyway?" 

Jimin gave me a look. "Tae, really? I told you that yesterday when you weren't well, not today when your boss is thinking of firing you. At least call them back and then maybe you can tell them you don't feel well today either. Or maybe you can even tell them what really happened. She'd understand."

I shook my head. "I don't want to do that. I'm not going to work and we're not staying here. Let's go somewhere."

Jimin sighed. "I don't think that's a good idea."

"You don't want to go anywhere with me?"

"I don't want you ignoring work," he said a little irritated before he sighed. "But of course I'll go anywhere with you."

I smiled at him. "Thanks Minie. I need to get us out of here. If not I'm going to spend the whole day here crying."

Jimin nodded and started pulling away. "Alright then. I'll go shower and stuff."