Training Day 1

I woke up to Peeta banging on my door

I woke up to Peeta banging on my door. I had slept in all really late and was not in the mood to go to training.

So putting my hair in a bun with a few strands sticking out, I left without breakfast.

When I leave me, and Mason walk down and discover we are late! Great job Peeta.

Atlas begins to explain all the weapons and survival stations. In the beginning, Cato kept looking at me, and then I would look and we would both look away and my face would turn so red. Then half way through, he told Marvel something who told Glimmer who told Clove. Then they all look at me and study my posture.Then they all looked at each other as if agreeing on something. Also Marvel whispered something to Cato, who gave him a scowl and rolled his eyes, the muscles in his arms getting tense.

Huh, funny.

"Your training has now begun." Atlas says and walks away.

I walk over to the survival skills, kind of as a review. I basically lived off on berries and nuts in the winters so, I think I have it down. I work on climbing even though I pretty much had it down. I don't know what else to do so I jump down from the obstacle causing everyone to look my way to see if I got hurt. Ha! You people thought.

I decide to give everyone the show they have been waiting for. By now people have put two and two together and realized I am the Katniss' sister. So they're guessing I'm going to be well in weapons too.

I walk over to the archery station, right next to Glimmer. The second I pick up my arrow and quivers, the room is Silent and everyone has stopped what they're doing. It's a little uncomfortable like do you not have anything better to do, honestly. Even the peacekeepers look more into my archery skills then the Tributes do.

I pull the string back, aim and let it fire. I hit it dead center in the skull. It hits with a sickining thud. Peoples eyes still on me I turn around and face them, "Do you people not have anything better to do, shoo shoo." I turn around and keep firing until my hands feel like they are going to fall off. Eventually Glimmer speaks up.

"You have a pretty good aim there you know." She chirps

"Not bad yourself" I say making no eye contact, eyes focused on my target.

"Well I'm Glimmer District 1" I see her look to where the other careers are, as if looking for they're approval.

"Well I'm leaving now. Oh and tell your Career friends, you know the ones back there who keep watching my every move." I pause finally making eye contact with the blonde. "I said Hello" I smile sarcastically and walk off to throwing knives.

To no surprise, you won't believe who I saw at the station. Clove, the district 2 female, the one from Cato's District. I just sigh and chuckle a bit. She just stands back waiting for me to go. Daggers are not my best weapon. I throw with all my might and come 2 inches away from the heart. Close enough to weaken someone and actually kill them but not where I wanted to be.

"Clove." She says then smirk as to intimidate me "Clove Kentwell."

" Don't care" I say also ignoring her.

"Well I didn't ask for attitude you know" she replies.

"I answered with it anyways" I say walking away.

Ugh I would totally go to swords if it weren't for Cato over there waiting for me to try it out. So I go to Spears instead.

I'm greeted by the District 1 male, and I'm starting to think this was planned.

"Mar-" he starts but I cut him off.

"Oh I get it" I laugh "You careers are standing at your best stations. You know your weapons of choice. Then you wait for me to show up." I take a pause "Then you show off your skills to look intimidating, like your trying to make me think I have no option but to join you, when you ask me to join the pack. As if you will hunt me down and kill me if I don't. Wow, quite brilliant actually if you think about it for a second." I stop and actually look at him " Not going to happen."

I suddenly feel a urge of confidence, as I walk to the sword station. District 11 try's to take the katana but I step in front of her and grab it.

"Wha-" she starts

"Not today Cha-Cha, I was born for this moment." I say (Cheryl Freaking Blossom)

I step up to the dummy's, push Cato out of the way and ace every dummy and rip them apart. I beheaded 3 and stabbed 2 in the heart. For the last one I take out it's knee and bash it in the head to look extra vicious. But on the inside, those poor dummy's, they didn't do anything to me.

"Who ever stares at me from now on." I bend down and pick up the dummy's head. I'm going to feel so bad for doing this. "This will be your head" and I rip the dummy's head in half. Oof.

I fake smile again and move on. Before I know it. It's time for lunch. So I move on the cafeteria but Someone grabs me and pins me against a wall, away from the peacekeepers.

"Ugh- let go of me" I warn trying to squirm out of his grip. But it's to tight, but not tight enough to hurt. Then I recognize the way I was pinned down. It was the one and only Cato.

"Listen, District 2, I'm g-" I start but then he shushes me.

" No listen here" He growls and I immediately stop talking.

"Join the Careers." He says

"You have no other alliance do you." Clove says

"Well I must be going deaf because I don't remember anyone freaking asking you!?" I almost yelled.

"Ok Miss Sarcastic, shut up so the big kids can talk. And don't try to lie about your age because your 15 and I know it."

"I wasn't going to lie about my age." I spit.

"Shush, you little-" Marvel starts but cuts himself off.

" We all have a better chance of surviving, including you, if your with us." Glimmer says "Also it will give us some attention so-"

"So the game makers can take less attention on us." I finish for her.

"Can someone get a sentence out without you interrupting them." Cato jokes

"Can I live my life without you pushing me up against a wall." I point out.

Clove, Glimmer And Marvel laugh and Cato's face turns red.

"Are you in or not?" He asks

"I'm in" I say, not sure if I had made the right choice.

SUP GUYS!!!! It's upload Monday. So I'm going to end this chapter because it's like 10:18 and I haven't started homework! Better get going. Wish me luck XOXO -Serena