2

Today wasn’t something that I thought would be different than other days, it started off like any other monday, and it ended with me hiding behind a crate, as another murder by The Animal takes place; ‘oh geez! What do I do!’ I thought, my heart thudding against my rib cage like one of those silly cartoons, but this is real life, and someone is getting brutally murdered a few feet away from me, the sounds of growling, bones cracking, and flesh ripping from the body is all I can hear, it was just too much, and before I knew it, I passed out.

-

My mind was foggy when I sat up in my bed the next morning, not remembering most of the day yesterday, but what I do remember is that I have to write an article about the most dangerous serial killer in Manhattan, “shit! Did I even start!” I cried out, jumping up from my bed, grabbing my tote bag that I must've thrown by the bathroom door when I got home; I looked through my folders and found absolutely nothing about it, “geez...what did I even do yesterday?” I mumbled, throwing my bag away from me, ‘no matter, I was only assigned yesterday, right now, I need to get ready for work’ I thought, getting up from the floor, and walking into my small bathroom, “I'll start on it today, whatever I did yesterday have to wait,” I told myself, stripping my night clothes off my body.

Everything was set, I was ready for today to start, and this time to not be stupid and waste time, as I ran out through the crowded street, heading for Kon Print that I was lucky enough to live close by; I was completely out of breath when I stepped into the elevator, pushing floor 10, wondering where to start for the article, I can look at other stories about it, but that didn't seem right, I need to get my own sources, I need to build the story.

When the elevator stopped at my floor, I quickly got out, and was about to go to my desk, but a coworker named Janet stopped me, “how are you Miley? I hope the soup helped you at your time of need,” she said with so much fake sincerity, “um, what are you talking about?” I asked, confused about what she was going on about, but before she could answer me, Ms. Ami walked over to us, “Moore, come to my office,” she said, her facial expression paralyzing me, but I nodded anyway, already questioning what exactly happened yesterday.