16

My body felt light, and cool, and my left cheek pressed against a pillow; my eyes flew open, noticing my body covered by a soft velvet blanket, confused and still immensely tired, almost tempted to go back to sleep, but my confusion won over my mind, sitting up slightly to get my barren.

The room I’m in was nice and tidy, the walls painted with a nice reddish purple, two dark wood dressers on the right of me, a lit candle on each one, emitting a nice, but a strong smell of peaches, and the lights dimmed low, but that was all, everything else was bare, “man...I could sleep for the rest of my life if I had a room this nice,” I spoke out loud, looking over everything again, now taking notice that there isn’t a door anywhere in sight, my heart rate spike up, “what...no door,” I cried out, crawling out of the bed, my bare feet meeting cold wooden floors, but that didn’t matter, I needed to find a door.

My first thought was to scream for help, but I decided against it, not knowing if I was on enemy territory, so instead I started to pat the walls, hoping for something to trigger on opening in one of the walls, nut nothing, absolutely nothing happened, and it felt like I was searching for hours on end, “damn it! Where am I, I know there’s a way out!” I cried out in anger, looking through the empty drawers, “ahh, I see your awake, sorry for the wait, but I did brought food,” a familiar voice spoke, the wall on the other side of the room forming a door to reveal my capturer with a big plate filled with various foods, in both hands, but I still backed away from her, remembering what this weirdo turned into, “hmm, you don’t need to be afraid, you’ll be able to go once you’ve eaten, bathe, and put fresh clothes on,” she reassured, setting the plate down on one of the dressers, but I stayed put, still not trusting her, ‘it's probably a trick, and the food is most likely poisoned, I thought, “I want to go home now,” I demanded, glaring hotly at her, waiting to see a sign of deception, “well...if you insist, we don’t have any reasons to keep you here,” Ash complied, going out the door, leaving it wide open.

The door didn’t close back, so I took the chance, and ran out the door, seeing Ash waiting for me, “come on, I don’t want you to get lost in this place, some of them can’t exactly control themselves,” she chuckled, leading the way, and I followed hesitantly, still not trusting her, but the structure of this place is absolutely amazing, never seeing a place this nice, “we’ll be going out through the garden, but stay clear from the flowers... a lot of them are poisonous,” Ashe said, leading us towards two clear dopuble door, showcasing the most wondrous garden I have ever seen.

Once outside, the fresh air blew on my face, my body relaxing from its tense state, “beautiful isn’t it, we use a lot of the herbs to heal certain ailments and wounds, we even used some on your wounds….I’m really sorry you had to go through that shit, unfortunately there are more beings like her,” Ash mumbled, turning her head my way, giving me a guilty look, “do you want me to drop you off to a hospital, or you rather home?” she asked, moving past the bushes, revealing a parking lot that is almost full, “hospital...please,” I replied, kinda not wanting to go back to my apartment, seeing how Colleen knew where I lived, “then it's settled, you’ll be safe in the care of doctors,” she laughed, leading me towards a dark red Nissan.

Ash unlocked the doors to the car and got in, while I hesitantly got in as well, buckling myself up, “...Ash, can I ask you a question?” I questioned, glancing over to her, “yea go ahead,” Ash responded, starting the engine, “what...what are you?” I asked, staring intently at her, “well...it's a bit complicated, and seeing how you don’t want anything to do with all this mess, I can only give a tiny bit of information,” said Ash, pulling onto the deserted street, “that's fine, I just want to know something,” I reassured, looking at the trees zooming past us in a beautiful blur, “well, we’re clearly not human, we are a race of shifters, and we’re very powerful, and definitely nothing like those books with all the werewolves,” she explained, and then she was silent, knowing fully that’s all I’m going to get from her about it.

The longer we drove, the more cars started to appear, and finally we arrived at the city, the place bursting with energy, "is it fine if took you to New Baptist Hospital or is there a particular place you wanted to go," asked Ash, glancing my way, "no, New Baptist is fine," I responded briefly, just wanting to be away from all the weirdos, even though I actually like Ash and she was really kind to me, but I wanted things to be normal again, to eat actual food, to put meat on my now unhealthy skinny frame, to drink plenty of coffee, while producing a new article for the news; she stopped the car at the entrance, turning my way with a smile, "well here's your stop, and stay safe Miley...I'm not sure if that crazy bitch is actually dead or not, but if you see signs of her, give me a call," she said, ripping a tiny piece of paper and wrote her number on it, before handing it to me, unlocking the door so I can leave, and before I could thank her, she drove off.