24

It's been about a month since I moved into this remote house, everything starting to become normal, feeling completely contempt with living with Ash, despite my growing feelings for her; I moved my eyes across the page, my heart beating faster as I continued to read, wanting to know what's going to happen next, too caught up in the storyline, but of course I was interrupted by a certain shifter, "hey! I was reading that!" I cried out, as Ash holds my book out of reach, "don't give me that look, you've been sitting here all morning, so get up, because you're helping me with the garden today," she said, setting my book down on the table.

Instead of complaining, I followed her out to the front of the yard, noticing how well the garden is holding, "we're definitely going to have a lot of fruits and vegetables for the winter," I said in excitement, putting on the gloves that was handed to me, "yup, and tomorrow I'll be going to the market, do you want to ride?" she asked, kneeling in front of the green peppers, as I do the same with the cherry tomatoes, "hmm nah, I want to finish my book," I replied, getting to work.

-

Soon it got too dark to continue, so we went back inside, the kitchen filled with baskets of fruits and vegetables, "oh right, let's move some of this," Ash chuckled, moving two baskets off the stove, "today is cooked frozen pasta, hopefully tomorrow will be actual homemade food," she said, taking out a medium sized pot, "its fine, I'm just too hungry to care at this point," I replied, getting the bag of pasta out, handing it to her, "hmmm...Miley...I was wondering if you want to go out to meet some of my closest friends?" she asked, almost getting my hopes up, "yea sure, when is the meet up?" I agreed, leaning against the counter to watch her her stir the pasta, "thursday at one, we're going to Gen cafe," she said, putting the lid on the pot, as I gave her a nod, as she shifts over to me, our arms rubbing against each other, which sent my emotions everywhere.

Ash gently bumped our shoulders playfully, as I do the same as well, giggling softly as she continued her antics; "that's cute!" a woman interrupted, stepping into the kitchen, "so this your little human girlfriend, it's finally nice to meet the girl my sis is smitten with!" she said dryly, her claim bringing a blush to my face, "Oklen? What are you doing here?" Ash questioned the other woman, giving her a hug, "One, I wanted to see you, two, there's been a sighting of Colleen in our territory, so I came here to warn you, and three, to meet your girl," Oklen explained, pulling away from the hug; "Shit! I swear that bitch gets on my nerves, thank you for telling me, I really miss you," Ash responded, hurrying over to the pot, "me too, but now I want to get to know your girlfriend," Oklen purred, stalking  over to me, "Oklen leave her alone...she's not even my girlfriend," Ash huffed, pulling me towards her.

Oklen shrugged her shoulders, telling us she'll be staying here for awhile, before leaving to get her things, "well...she seems interesting," I blurted out awkwardly, feeling the warmth radiating off her body, "she's nice in her own way, but you haven't seen her diva side yet," she groaned, moving her hand to my side, making me tense up at the sudden movement, "oh...oh ok, ummm is the food ready?" I squeaked out, not wanting my fixation on her to be noticable, "oh yea, let me get you a plate," she said, moving away, taking her warmth with her.