Part 10

Here's the final part to Young and Sweet. I thought this was a nice little ending for the short series. Hope you enjoy and if you'd like something writing just ask.

Tony stared at the gold band on his ring finger; regret and guilt filling his heart as he thought about you. Three years ago the pair of you tied the knot on a remote little beach with your friends and family. Sure you'd only been together a couple of years and you were young but the pair of you knew it was the real deal. He loved you with his whole heart and he knew you loved him too, you wouldn't put up with bullshit if you didn't.

How could he be so stupid, to do something like this?

"Hey, baby." You greeted him as you walked into his office. Your two-year-old son, Howard or Howie as you called him, sat on your hip, babbling away as he pulled at your necklace (the one Tony had given you).

Tony quickly sat up in his chair and tried to smile as he looked at you. "Hey... hmm, what are you doing here?" He asked as he stood up.

You smiled as you handed him your son before pecking his lips. "Can't we come to see our number one guy?" You asked.

He nodded, smiling as Howie began giggling. "Of course you can." He sighed a little as he sat down again.

You silently looked at Tony, reading the way he was holding himself and how he seemed stressed even though you knew he had nothing to be stressed about.

When the public found out about your relationship with Tony it became difficult for you to work in your little shop so, with Tony's help, you hired more people to run the shop and became Tony's PA until you became pregnant. For now, you were being a stay at home mom whilst doing what you could as an Avenger.

"What's wrong?" You asked your husband.

Tony looked up with wide eyes like a deer caught in the headlights. "What, what do you mean?"

"Tony... don't lie to me, we've been married for years and known each other longer... I know you. I can tell when there's something wrong or when you're hiding something from me, so, spill." You smiled smugly at him.

Tony sighed as he sank back in his chair. Howie sat on his knee happily picking at the paper on his desk. The last thing he ever wanted was to break your heart and his stupid actions were going to do just that.

"Y/N, I have to tell you something that, I'm not proud of," He spoke quietly, ashamed of the words that were going to leave his mouth.

You gulped, nodding slowly. "Okay." He couldn't possibly mean what you were thinking, he was a changed man, right?

Tony took a deep breath as he closed his eyes before saying. "Ilostmyweddingring."

You stared at him for a moment before speaking. "What did you say?"

"I lost, my... wedding, ring."

You let out a big sigh before shaking your head. "No, you didn't."

Tony nodded slowly. "Yes, I did. This, isn't my wedding ring." He pulled a face as he spoke, holding his left hand up which Howie was playing with, talking to himself as he did.

"I know because this is," You said as you held the ring up that you had safely in your pocket.

Tony raised his eyebrow as he leaned forwards with his hand out for the ring. You gently placed it in his hand smiling softly as you watched him eye the gold band, no doubt reading the inscription 'I love you, old man.'.

"Where did you find this?"

"On the bathroom sink?" You smirked. "Covered in paint... from finger painting yesterday." You grinned as you glanced at your son. He loved himself yesterday getting all messy with his father in the lab, giggling and splashing paint everywhere.