Him And I

9:00 A.M. 8/24/2022

There's 10 minutes of total darkness, explosions, and chaos.

It finally clears up, but I'm stuck underneath rocks. My leg starts to hurt and ache with pain.

"Sierra? Sierra? Are you there?" Asher shouts worried.

"I'm over here!" I shout back.

I can see him. He has dirt and blood all over his face. He still looks handsome as usual though. Almost more handsome because it makes him look more like a bad boy.

He starts to cry. He kneels next to me and gives me a hug. His warm body pressed up against mine. If we didn't have to wear these oxygen tank mask things I would totally kiss him. He would too. We look into one another's eyes and feel the powerful connection between us.

My leg is killing me now. I frown... Asher notices something wrong and looks at my leg.

He quickly lifts the huge heavy rock off my leg. I sigh with relief as some of the pain disappears. Asher smiles, but he still looks sad. I can't figure out why though.

Then it hit me. Me and Asher were the ONLY HUMANS LEFT ALIVE ON PLANET EARTH.

I think about Robin and James. They never did make it. All the great memories of them together. The memories of Robin. She was my best friend. I could have never asked for a better friend. The memories of James. He was always funny. I knew Asher must have felt sad about him. They were best friends just like me and Robin.

I feel alone. Hell I am alone. I'm the only person left alive with Asher. Why me? Why couldn't Robin and James be left alive by themsleves? Why me? I suck at everything. How am I suppose to be the one who brings mankind back to life again? Asher would know so much about this than me.