The Agony

12:00 A.M. 8/22/2022

In the distance we all hear a rumbling beneath our feet. Asher's the first to speak, "What the hell was that?" "I don't know, but I think we're about to find out." James replies.

For a split second it was dead silent. Then it came. It bursts out from underneath us. The ground has made huge cracks in it as big as a school bus. We all panic and try to stay together. Just then Robin gets dropped into one of the huge holes.

James starts to cry. And so do I.

"She's gone. She's just...gone." James sobs.

I feel a sensation of anger and sadness. I fall down on my knees and cry so hard. I've never cried this much before. I should have known this was coming. I just didn't want it to come this soon. I know everyone here will die. Including me. I cry even more now that I'm thinking more and more about it.

Asher walks over by me and kneels down next to me. He rests his arm and starts to rub my back.

"What do you want?" I yell in agony.

"I'm sorry... I'm so so sorry." He replies.

"I'm sorry that I've always been a jerk to you and treated you like you were invisible. I never should have done that... I'm sorry." Asher softly says.

For once in my life, since I've known him, it seems like he cares. It seems like he cares about me now.

"Thanks. I would have never thought those words would be coming out of your mouth to me." I joke.

"I'm sorry too. It's just that this whole mess is bullshit." I explain to him. He nods his head.

I still can't get over the fact that Robin was gone.