Acai

7:00 A.M. 8/20/2022

As I turn on the TV my mom fixes us all breakfast. She's always been the cook in our family. I turn to the news channel and it's breaking news that scientists have come up with an incredible story. "Mom! Dad! Come watch this story on the news!" I shout. They quickly scurry to the family room to see what all the fuss was about.

This just in we have received news from our top nation scientists that there will be a 100 mile long asteroid known as Acai coming intact with Earth. Scientists believe it will demolish the area of Colorado and areas nearby.

"Holy shit!" I scream. My mom and Dad both look like twins because they are both staring at the TV as if it's blown up with their mouths wide open.

7:20 A.M. 8/20/2022

I'm still paranoid from what the news reporter had told us. So practically we were gonna die. To make it even worse they didn't say when. They just said soon. So Acai could be landing here in Colorado at any time. It could be crashing here in seconds or minutes or hours or even days. Nobody knows. That's what scares me the most. But also the part about dying.

I look over at my mom and dad... There's something different about them now. It's probably just that their thinking of what will happen any time now. My dad is the less scared about the situation rather than my mom because he's supposed to be the tough guy, that never gets scared.

I think to myself. Why is this happening so soon? Didn't scientist a couple years ago say that Earth wouldn't be near it's end for a couple billion years? Or is it just they never told citizens that an asteroid would be hitting Earth in the 20th century?

I'm confused. And deep inside I feel alone. I feel like the whole mankind will go extinct and Earth will become extinct as well.