peter parker

you're a superhero too

you're a superhero too. last night, a particularly crime-filled evening brought you in contact with Spidey himself. the next day, you're riding the bus and the boy next to you is studying your face.

"Sorry, do I know you?"

You glance up. "Sorry, what?"

"Do I know you? You look familiar..." The boy asks, scanning you.

You're slightly uncomfortable, but his honest demeanor and surprisingly familiar voice catch you off guard. "I... might?" You hesitate.

"Uh. Well, I'm Peter. Peter Parker."

"I'm y/n. Do we... maybe go to school together?" You suggest, biting your lip. "I go to Midtown High."

Peter breaks into a grin. "Maybe that's it. I go there too."

You reply in kind with a familiar smile, one Peter recognizes even more than your face. The dark circles under your eyes and something clicks. Just then, the bus pulls to a stop and you grab your backpack, ready to leave.

The brunette suddenly pipes up, out of nowhere. "Look, can we talk later? Tomorrow, at school? Do you have any study halls?"

You look at him, slightly surprised. This guy was serious. You didn't expect him to actually care about you so much that he wanted to talk later.

It was kinda nice.

"Uh, yeah. Fourth hour." You reply.

The boy sighs in relief. "Library, then?"

"Sure. It's a date." You grin. "See you then." And with that, you bound out of the bus.

And Peter's left excited, mind already racing with conversation ideas and how to tell Stark about the superhero he met on the bus.

You look back, catching his eager grin at the ground as the bus pulls off.

And you smile too. Cause you know something he doesn't.

You know that you just met Spider-Man.