jennifer lawrence

// we love her sksksksksk //

awards night. you're Jennifer's guest and not that anyone knows, her date.

"Jennifer Lawrence, for Best Leading Actress for her role..."

You couldn't hear the rest over your excited squeal as you grab your girlfriend's wrist. She grins widely and shakes her hand out of your grip, standing to go up.

You watch her go eagerly, shaking with joy. As she steps up onstage, she gives you a quickly mouthed "okay" and a thumbs up. You bite your lip to curb your excitement as she begins her speech.

"So... uh... wow." The crowd laughs. "Kinda wasn't prepared for this, but I gotta say something now. I mean, I'd like to start by shouting out my plus-one, y/n." She glances at you and you send a tiny wave your way.

"y/n has been really helpful these past few months, and actually designed my dress... no, I'm kidding, kidding." She grins. "No, they've just helped me through a few rough spots recently. And I honestly don't know what I'd do without them."

You flush up at her, proud. She grins your way. "And... uh... we talked about this... I've wanted to keep this private, but we kinda made a bet." Jennifer makes a face, brushing her bangs out of her eyes. "They said that if I win the award, I have to let everyone know something. It was kind of a joke, but here I am with the award in my hand, so..." She takes a breath, laughing.

"We're engaged." She shrugs to the crowd, who suddenly explodes with cheers and whistles. A hand taps you on the shoulder.

"Stand up!" A voice hisses, and you do. The claps grow louder and you grin at Jennifer, who blows you a kiss.

And of course, you blow one back.