Meaning of 'when the party's over' by Mae

Mae was sitting at her desk, filming a v-live and talking to ARMYs and answering their questions. Suddenly Jungkook and Taehyung come in, crashing the live making Mae laugh at them. 

"Whatcha doin' Mimi?" Taehyung asked, sitting down in the chair next to her. Mae laughed as she read the comments going crazy about the nickname. 

"Just talking to ARMY, answering their questions," Mae answered still looking through comments. 

"Oooh! Mae, you should answer that question!" Jungkook said, reading one of the comments that asked, 'can you explain the meaning behind 'when the party's over'?'. Mae nodded and adjusted herself so she was comfortable before she began explaining. 

"The song's meaning itself, isn't as sad as you think, the meaning doesn't match the sound or feel it gives you. I made it sound eerie while the lyrics actually are more anger ridden. I dedicated it to all the people who are the one holding the realtionship together, no matter who it's between. I decided to have it from the experience I had with my older brother. I was always the one who was helping him, tending to whatever wounds he had, emotional or physical, and I never got anything from him, he was never supportive, he always degraded me, etc. Coming home without ever saying a word to him... hurt a lot. He's my brother and I love him to pieces but whenever we just sat in silence, it hurt. I eventually decided to leave him, cut all contact and ties from him and move on with my life. That's what the first part is about." 

Don't you know I'm no good for you

I've learned to lose you, can't afford to / Tore my shirt to stop you bleedin' / But nothin' ever stops you leavin'

Quiet when I'm coming home and I'm on my own
I could lie, say I like it like that, like it like that

"The next part continues on with that meaning. I always felt like he was leading me along, trying to make it seem like our relationship was perfect because of the few times he'd greet me and actually speak but eventually that curtain dropped and the only reason he was doing it was because he wanted money from me, it was in the beginning of my career as an idol, and he used that to his advantage and I wanted things to be right between us but that stopped when I realized why he was actually being nice. Finding out that truth hurt a lot, that was around the time I had decided to cut off any ties I had with him." 

Don't you know too much already

I'll only hurt you if you let me / Call me friend but keep me closer (Call me back) / And I'll call you when the party's over

Quiet when I'm coming home and I'm on my own
And I could lie, say I like it like that, like it like that
Yeah I could lie, say I like it like that, like it like that

"The end of the song is the time I finally decided to find the closure I needed. When I was with him, helping him, my mental state dropped because I was up all night trying to help and trying to find extra money he needed. Moving on and leaving him was extremely hard for me, he's my brother after all, I loved him and I still do. He's family and it's hard leaving some of the people you love the most behind and when I confronted him about my leaving, he didn't care and that was the official sign to me that showed I needed to leave. He didn't care at all, that hurt me a lot he was the person whom I loved and trusted the most aside from all the hiccups that were there. But I realized that shoudn't care so much because he's only treated me like I was a lesser human. Moving on was tough but I'm glad I did, my mental state lightened and I felt less stress. One thing I'd like fans to take away from 'when the party's over' is that it's okay to struggle in relationships but if you're the only person still holding on, it's best to leave so you can find someone who loves and appreciates you as much as you do." 

But nothing is better sometimes

Once we've both said our goodbyes / Let's just let it go / Let me let you go

Quiet when I'm coming home and I'm on my own
I could lie, say I like it like that, like it like that

"Whew! That was a lot to explain," Mae said jokingly, "I think I'm going to end the live here, good night ARMY! Love and appreciate all of you so much!"

Mae ended the live and exhaled the breath she didn't realize she was holding. She looked down and smiled at all of the happy memories she once had with her brother, even though he didn't even try to be nice she still loved him. She was still his little sister and she appreciated all of the happiness they had once had together. 

Taehyung and Jungkook noticed the melancholy look in Mae's eyes once the live was finished. 

"You okay Mimi?" Jungkook asked softly. Mae nodded, still thinking. 

"It's okay to cry you know? We're here and you don't need to worry about that anymore," Taehyung said. Both of the male's hearts clenched as they watched a few tears leak out of her eyes and onto her leggings. Jungkook stood up and walked over to Mae, picking her up in his arms and moving her to her comfy, pillow covered bed. 

"Tonight, you me and hyung are going to watch movies until the sun rises," Jungkook said as he snuggled himself next to her, Taehyung lying down next to her as well. Mae smiled as Jungkook set up the computer and finding a movie to watch. When he found one, he started it and the three youngest got comfortable, excited to watch the movie. 

Less then halfway through, Mae closed her eyes and mumbled an 'I love you guys', Taehyung and Jungkook looked over to see their princess asleep. 

"We love you too," Taehyung said as he kissed her forehead before moving the laptop away, "I'm going to my room, night Kookie." 

"Night hyung," Jungkook said before enveloping the small girl in his arms before closing his eyes. He kissed the top of her head and smiled, "I love you too Mimi." 

(So this started off really deep and ended really soft! I hope you enjoyed this litte scenario. I had a little help with the description of the song thanks to: http://justrandomthings.com/2018/10/26/billie-eilish-when-the-partys-over-lyrics-review-and-song-meaning/ , but I just changed it to a brother instead because Mae hasn't really been in a relationship yet. Thanks for reading!)