BLACKPINK x Mae

Blackpink was having a comeback at the beginning of April and fans couldn't be more excited but one secret that hadn't been revealed yet was Mae was going to be involved in on of their tracks, more specifically 'Don't Know What to Do'. When news got out about the collaboration, both BLINKS and ARMYs went insane. Everyone was hyped up for this collaboration and the fact that there'd be another music video next to 'Kill This Love'. 

Mae made her way to set for the shooting of the 'Don't Know What To Do' music video she was doing with Blackpink. She had a few BigHit staff with her and BTS was even allowed to visit at some point, which they did. Mae was sitting in the dressing room, on her phone letting the guys know she had gotten to set safe and she was getting ready, when Rosé and Jennie walked in. 

"Mimi!!" Rosé exclaimed, running over to the girl for a hug. Jennie followed and the three were in a group hug for a solid five minutes before Lisa and Jisoo came in and joined. Once they had all gotten ready they made their way to set and the five couldn't stop complimenting each other. 

The song's vibe was softer, more mellow compared to 'Kill This Love' but they all loved it and congratulated Mae on producing the track. She'd also produced 'Hope Not' too and Mae had some background vocals in that. 

The video started with Jennie running out of a building, it seemed as though she was running after something. She suddenly stopped, looking out across the city while the camera panned around her to show she was on top of a building. Then, the scene changed to Mae and Lisa they were both looking at their reflections in a clear pool. Lisa then looked up at the camera, smiling, while Mae stood up and jumped into the pool. The camera is on Mae for a little bit before it changes to Lisa walking along a hallway, her arms in the air and a carefree smile set on her face. The scenes change back and forth to Lisa and Jennie, both walking in the hallway but not meeting each other anywhere. Lisa is then shown dancing in the pool but it's as if she's walking on water because she's on top, splashing and dancing around with Jennie who joins in soon. 

It changes as soon as Rosé starts singing, the scene of Mae falling into the pool is replayed but Rosé is there with Mae. After a few seconds, Jennie is shown. She's back on top of the building, her hair is blowing in the wind and she's smiling. She suddenly turns around when Jisoo joins her, the two of them smiling and laughing before it starts to rain, which is when they both start to dance. Jisoo then stops and smiles at the camera, before it changes to Rosé looking at a brightly lit carousel. Jennie then joins Rosé who is on the carousel, the lights illuminating the two before it shows the whole group together dancing. 

As they're dancing, the scenes go from Lisa dancing in the pool, Rosé dancing in front of the carousel, Jisoo dancing in the rain, Jennie dancing at a club, and Mae dancing in a brightly lit arena with confetti around her. After the dance break, the scene changes to Jason posing for a photo shoot, she doesn't seem geniunely happy but smiles as soon as Rosé enters the room. For a few seconds, it shows a few directors, not paying attention, before Rosé grabs Jisoo's hand and they both run out, laughing. They close the door behind them and the scene changes to Jennie and Mae playing around with a set of instruments, laughing as they both pretend to smash the guitars. Eventually, Jennie and Mae throw a guitar and before it smashes, the scene changes to Lisa walking alone in a field. 

Jennie is shown again in the club but this time, confetti is falling around her and she has her hands out trying to grab some as she smiles and twirls around. Jennie looks up and closes her eyes, letting the confetti fall on her but is startled when Rosé, Jisoo, Lisa, and Mae run over and tackle her into a hug causing the five of them to laugh. The group is then shown walking to the stage that's in the club, pushing the people out of their way as they walk. Once they get on the stage, Jisoo winks at the camera before the scene changes. They're all wearing different outfits and their hair is styled differently and they start dancing again, the camera shows the crowd of people jumping up and down to the beat, hands up in the air. Mae then runs off the stage and grabs a bottle of soda, shaking it before placing it down on the stage and opening it, the soda raining down on them but they're all smiling and happy. 

The scenes then change: Jennie walking along a golden staircase, Jisoo standing in the rain with her arms out on either side of her, Rosé sitting on the carousel, Lisa sitting in the pool, and Mae on top of a building, looking out at the lights. Mae then jumps off the building but instead of it showing her falling down, she's shown falling into the pool with Jennie, Rosé, Lisa, and Jisoo.

Mid shooting, the guys of BTS came to see how it was going and one of the stylists that came with Mae was filming a Bangtan Bomb for their YouTube and decided to interview a few of them. 

"The girls worked hard on this song and you can tell by how much emotion they put into it while singing. I have to say I'm extremely proud of Mae for moving out of her comfort zone, I think all fans will enjoy this song and continue to support both groups," Namjoon said as he watched Mae laughing with Lisa. 

"Mae has always loved the girls from Blackpink, they're really close and have a lot of sleepovers. I think it's good for Mae to hang out with some girls from time to time because she has so many more guy friends. We're all extremely proud of how far she's come," Jin said. 

"The day Mae got the invitation to be apart of one of their songs is honestly one of my favorite memories, she thought it was a prank at first and when she realized it wasn't she started crying she was so happy. Mae helped them create this song with their help and it's a different vibe from her but we all love it," Yoongi said while Jimin stood next to him, nodding. 

"A more vulnerable side came out for Mae in this song, I think all fans will love it. They all worked so hard on the song, I have to say I was so excited to hear the final version after hearing a few of the drafts, it came out fantastic" Jimin said with a wide smile. 

"They all worked hard on this song and music video and you can just tell by the vibe of the song. While they were creating it, Mae would ask some of us how it sounded and I think every time we all loved it," Hoseok said smiling. 

"Next to preparing for out comeback soon, Mae worked on this song with Blackpink. I don't know how she did it but she did and I couldn't be more happy for them," Taehyung said while holding Yeontan. 

"I think everyone will like this song because just by listening to it, you can tell how much work they put into it. I think Hoseok-hyung said that Mae showed us a few of the drafts and I have to agree with him, the drafts for the song are amazing and are truly breath-taking," Jungkook said as he watched Mae and Jisoo throwing confetti at each other while laughing. 

Honestly, this is one of my favorite songs off the new Blackpink album. They're all so amazing, I love them so much. I hope Blackpink release a full album soon because all we get are mini albums but even though this is a mini album, it's fantastic. I think this album is better then Square Up but don't @ me if you don't agree because all opinions are different. Hope you enjoyed thisss!