Chapter 5: Fuck Love

As Brennen and Colby celebrated their success with the roommates Brennen made a few calls to his mom and brother and sister. Everyone in his family said the same response. "I saw it coming."

Brennen laughed at the fact that his family was so alike and said his goodbyes to Colby for now with a kiss as he drove home.

As Brennen slept Colby was at a party until late that night. Colby had been drinking and spread a lot about him and Brennen around and some girls hung out with him and were very clingy towards whim. They always had been, starting to compliment his eyes, then his voice and all Colby would think when another girl approached was, 'Ah here we go again.'

The next morning when Brennen woke up he went through his Instagram. Liking a lot of the pictures from the party Colby had been at last night. As Brennen went through all the stories on Instagram he saw Colby's.

A girl with him and a girls feet and them playing footsies.

"What the fuck?" Brennen said aloud

Brennen immediately called Colby and let the phone ring for a few times.

"Hello?"
"Hey Colby. I was going through Instagram and I saw you and a girl. What's that about?"
"Oh I honestly don't remember. It doesn't matter though."
"Colby yes it does fucking matter. You two were playing footsies. What the fuck?"
"Brennen it's not what it looks like."
"Whatever. I'll talk to you later."
"Brennen wait--."
Colby threw his phone onto his bed.
"Fuck."