Ch. 12 - Have Faith In Me

Allura balanced out the texts and hosting the show. She's never dealt with so much anxiety like this but thankfully Romelle stuck by her all night. After her last mic announcement, she avoided the group in the back of the bar.

"So you're just going to leave?" Romelle asks while crossing her arms.

"I need to find out whats going on." Allura slid into the arms of her pleather jacket and peeked down at her phone again.

Romelle rolled her eyes and shook her head. The last thing that Allura needs is another struggle, let alone that it involves her boyfriend. The show was amazing for her first time but instead of celebrating she preferred to leave everyone. She never liked the fact that her best friend has a bad tendency to be boy crazy.

"Allura, c'mon. You did so well out there and the crowd is thriving! You can't be serious about throwing aside this achievement?"

Allura huffed and turns to Romelle, "It was never for me, Ro. It's always about what my father expects of me."

Both girls make their way to the back door of the bar. The chauffer has been waiting atleast for a few minutes and Allura was not going to keep him waiting any longer.

"Look. I just want to feel in control of something, alright? If I did pretty well tonight then we can definitely celebrate next time. I'll text you." she quickly hugged her Romelle before running out to the car.

Have faith in me

Romelle stayed at the doorway for a few more minutes. Watching the vehicle drive off filled her with worry. Then, she felt a tap at her shoulder and turned around to see Keith standing there.

"Hey, Ro. Where's Allura?"

"Keith, hey." She smiles and looks out into the alleyway, "Uhm."

Cause there are things that I've seen I don't believe

Keith watched the expression of worry on her face then followed her eyes to outside. Since there was nothing, it was confusing at what exactly she was doing by the door. Romelle quickly snapped out of her thoughts and closed the door.

"She had to head back home. Need something?" Romelle lied. It's not clear why but she did.

"Oh uhh, okay. No I- Just wanted to see if you two wanted to come join the group after the show?"

"Ah I see, I would love to but I need to help out the cleaning crew. Rain check?"

Keith sighed and nodded his head. He can tell when Romelle lies for Allura. With a quick wave, he turns on his heels to walk out from back stage. If she was being completely honest, she was very curious to meet these new friends of hers. Properly. Alas, it'll have to wait for another day.

---

So cling to what you know and never let go

Keith stepped to the edge of the group beside Lance while the others were talking about an old movie related to their song. Lance looked around, hoping to see a familiar face but nowhere to be found.

"Not coming?" he asks and pockets his hands.

Keith shook his head, "Apparently, she's needed elsewhere."

"That sucks." Lance shrugged and clapped his hands, loud enough for everyone to look his way. "Let's get going!"

---

You should know things aren't always what they seem

The vehicle brought Allura to her favorite late night restaurant and inside, Lotor was seated and waiting for her. There are many things to assume when your boyfriend or girlfriend brings up the famous quote: "We need to talk". A break up, mostly. She gathered herself to be brave and enter the building. The ring of the bell dangling by the door brought Lotor's attention to her arrival.