#realorfake

I try to stand up but fall back into the chair due to a sharp pain go up my back. "Ah." I gasp..

Brie, Rowan and Hailey all turn towards me. "Are you ok?" Rowan worriedly asks.

I nod, "Uh, yeah fine." I carefully bend down, picking up my back pack and carefully standing up.

"Mani, you should get that checked out and good work today, my prodigy." Brie says before going upstairs.

"Thanks Brie." I yell after her.

"What's wrong with you?" Hailey asks me, giving me a strange look.

"Nothing, I just fell out of a stunt in cheer and my back hurts." I say as we walk out of Brie's place. I walk towards Haileys car and go to the back passenger door. Hailey and Rowan give me weird look, "What, my back hurts and I don't feel like driving, sue me."

"So you're just gonna leave your car here?" Hailey asks.

"I'll come back for it later."

She unlocks the car and I pull the handle, opening the door and carefully climbing inside before laying down on the seat, Wow this really hurts.

"What are you doing hanging out with Brie?" Hailey asks, judgment laced in her voice.

"I wanted to learn how to hack so I asked and now she's teaching me... oh Rowan, I asked my mom if there were any reports about missing girls our age but she kept asking questions and got annoying..."

"Same with my dad."

"Before you came to Brie's I hacked into the police station..."

"Wow look at you." Rowan praised.

"Thanks I know, anyway there's no reports at all about missing girls or anyone, which I find really strange." I say as Hailey pulls to a stop and I carefully sit up making sure I don't hurt myself even more before getting out of the car. I walk to the front of the car where both of them are standing.

"Thanks for the ride." Rowan says but I decided to stay silent.

"No problem." Hailey responds while nervously playing with her hands, "You know what Brie said... about you mom? Do you see her much?"

This bitch has the audacity to just ask, "You don't have to do that." Rowan states.

"Do what?" Is she playing stupid or is she actually stupid.

"Hailey you weren't there for me when it mattered, Mani was, and you weren't, so don't act like you care. Please." Rowan says firmly.

Rowan gets a text, then Hailey and finally me, I pull my phone out from my back pocket and look to see that it's a message from Monkeyman.

"Monkeyman tagged you in a private photo message." Rowan states.

"Me too." Hailey

I sigh, "Same.... do you think Elisia for one?"

"Maybe, let's go find out." Rowan suggests as we walk around the courtyard for a few minutes until we find her standing against a wall with an inspirational quote, she's tying strings together as we walk up to her.

"We all got photos from Monkeyman. Did you get one too?" Hailey asks and Elisia pulls out her phone to check and nods.

Rowan opens the message, "Today's date." She shies us her phone.

Then Hailey opens hers, "12:00 midnight." Hailey then turns her phone around to show us.

I open the message then turn it towards them, "Be there." I'm so not going to be there.