Niki

The covers are rudely yanked off me, I open my eyes and my mom is standing in front of my bed My the covers in her hand.

"Ugh, what was that for?"

"Pictures are today, you need to get ready."

I grab my pillow and shove my face in it and groan louder.

"Hurry, I want those pictures Armani." She bundles the blanket up before throwing it at me.

I move the pillow from my face right as she's bout to leave, "Why bother if I'm just going to go to a boarding school that won't have a cheer team."

She turns and glares at me, "Just make sure you're there in time to get your pictures taken." She walk out closing the door behind her.

I roll out of bed and see my uniform laid out on my chair, I quickly change into it before going to the restroom to brush my teeth. I go back to my room and do my makeup. Once I'm done the door swings open to reveal Rowan.

"Hey, can I borrow—Is there some assembly today or..." she trails off.

I shake my head, "Nope. I have cheer pictures, so I have to be at school early."

She nods, "Can I borrow your mascara, I ran out."

"Yeah," I finish packing my bag before turning to face her, "Do you want a ride to school?"

"No, I'm good."

"Okay, I'll see you later." I say before walking out of my room and to the car.

Once I get to the school, I hurriedly find a spot, which wasn't hard since most of the parking lot was empty. After parking, I make my way to the gym where the rest of the team is waiting.

I throw my bag onto the bleachers and see Jai dancing, I'm about to make my way over to her when I see Niki walk in. I walk over to her.

"Hey, Niki. I thought you quit."

She sighs, "I did, my mom just really wants that portrait of me in a cheer uniform."

I nod in understanding, "Same here."

"Aren't you still on the team, though?"

I nod, "Yes, but I'd rather not wake up early just to take some pictures," after a moment of unbearable silence I talk, "So I'll see you later."

I walk over to Jai before she could respond, "Hey."

She stops dancing and turns to face me and smiles, "Hey, Mani. I didn't think you would be here."

"Why wouldn't I, I'm on the team."

"You are but you haven't done any other year." She explains.

I smile back at her, "Because I didn't want to wake up earlier than I needed too but this year my mom wanted these pictures."

"Gather around girls, let's get started." The photographer yells.

@@@

After getting done with the pictures I walk out of the gym, still in my uniform from being too lazy to change. As I'm walking down the hall I feel someone's hand on my shoulder, turning to see it's Zoe, I sigh. She's starting to get annoying.

"So when are we going to meet up?"

"For what?" I say, having no clue what she's talking about.

"For the project."

I nod, "Right... Um, I guess we could do it now, let's go to the library."

We silently walk to the library together, sitting on a secluded area once were there.