chapter 5

Ayona gave them some important tips which they were working on. Liza wasn't there as Ayona asked her to examine the body for one more time. Sakshi was still irritated as Arjun was not with them but her in his cabin.
"Sameer if they want to help us why can't they send someone who's areal agent. She is just a honey trap agent. You know just a pretty face." She says
"But Sakshi she is a very good observer. I have seen it." Shree protests.
"Arjun is enough for that. We don't need her." Sakshi says stubbornly.
"We do. She was working on the particular mission. And I have read her file. She is one of the best we have. Yes her method is honey trapping but she is specialized in decoding hidden messages. And have one of the strongest network of informers. In beurow everyone calls her 'the girl who can find anything'. 3 years 5 missions. 4 successfully completed. Very impressive." Rathore says somewhat smiling.
"But Sameer she is too much emotionally involved here. Her focus is on Arjun than the case. If she stays here neither of them can give their best. She is disturbing him." Sakshi says.
"It's common to disturb a place's dynamics when a new person enters. Rawte is being normal from the time she arrived. That's all I want from him. Sanity. And if it's coming as Ayona. I don't complain." Rathore says before leaving.
"Sakshi. I know what your problem is. You are not worried that she is not efficient, but she is very much close to Arjun sir." Shree says.
"That's not true."
"It is true. I know it is. But remember Sakshi, don't do anything stupid." Shree says and turn to his laptop.
             After a while they are going to Arjun's cabin to ask both of them to join. They saw Arjun is unconscious on his chair and Ayona is leaning close to him. Her one hand is on table for support and another is inches away from his face. Sakshi shouts
"What are you doing?"
Ayona hold her hand up to keep quiet. But Arjun startled at the noise and murmur
"Ayona.. Ayona.. dreams.. don't leave."
She puts her index finger in between his eyebrows and says
"I'm here Arry. I'll not leave you alone. Ayona ko Arjun se koi alag nai kar sakta."
(No one can separate Ayona from Arjun)
Arjun calms down. She says
"Go to deep. Come to me in your swapna akash. I'm waiting for you there." She then moves back and sighs.
Then everyone realize that Arjun is not unconscious but sleeping. Ayona puts his hand around her shoulder to transfer him to couch. After taking few steps comfortably she likes her balance but someone holds her by her waist. She looks up and see Sameer's face. His mesmerising deep eyes. Sameer carefully changes side to support Arjun without taking his eye off from her face. They make Arjun lay down on the couch. They were about to come back Arjun holds both of their hands.
"Sam.. Ayona.. Sam.."  he mutter
Sameer feels like it hit him in a very sensitive part. He closes his eyes.
"Go back and meet us there. There won't be nightmares today. They won't come close. I won't let them. Sam won't let them. We will keep you safe." Ayona says then turns to Sameer with a pleading eye.
"Chief please. Sam calls him Juno."
Sameer struggles for sometimes.
"Juno. I'm here. Nothing can harm you." He says all love he could muster.
He missed his friend so much. All those years of love. Came out. There was a faint smile on Arjun's face. And he drif back to deep sleep.
"Ye Kya Kar rahi thi tum Arjun ke sath." Sakshi says furiously.
(What the hell were you doing with Arjun?)
"Relax. Salon se soye nai hain ye. Bas maine Sula dia hai."  Ayona says brushing his hair from his forehead.
(He hasn't slept in years. I just made him sleep.)
"Those nightmares. They won't let him sleep for long." Sameer says.
"Not today Sameer. I feeled his subconscious with me and Sam. He will watch that. Just hope I did enough. And thank you." She says and goes to her bag and pulls out a beautiful Dreamcatcher.
"What's that?"Shree asks.
"It's a Dreamcatcher Shree. Native Americans believe this can filter out dream and keeps nightmares away." She says while hanging it.
Then looks at Arjun's sleeping self and says
"If all goes well when he will get up you will get a different second in command and I'll have my old friend back."
"Ayona! Let's go." Sameer says. She nodded.
              They all are at conference room. Discussing and chatting.
"Amma!!!! Im so stupid. Shree I have something for you." Ayona says and opens her bag.
"Wow a gift. Thanks Ayona." Shree says excitedly.
"Arjun ne mangwaya tha apne ladle ke lie. Unhiko bolna thank you. Yeh lo." Ayona says and gave a chip to Shree but Shree's full attention is on her words.
(Arjun ordered it for his favorite one. Thank him. Here)
"Arjun sir's favorite? Me?" Shree asks.
"Yes. He loves you."Ayona says.
"No you are joking."
"Ohk. How many times you spend night here. And you slept while working." She asks.
"Many times. I always slept while working.. on those uncomfortable ch..."then Shree understands"oh my goodness.. it was him."
"What?" Sameer asks.
"Sir Everytime i slept on my chair I got up on couch." Shree says.
"Arjun?"Sameer says astonishingly.
"He loves you a lot Shree. We talk about you for hours. He talks I listen. Now go and try it. It's a software for everything." She says.
"Everything?" Shree asks.
"Yes. When you found something. A piece of paper. Or anything. Just click pictures from every side and upload it. And it can find what is it." She replies.
"Amazing. It can save so much time. Where did you get this?"Shree asks excitedly.
"Eventually. Now go and try it." She said.
Shree and Chhotu left after that. Sameer is looking at her. She realizes and smilingly asks
"What happened Chief?"
"You know it's not your fault that Rawte is like this. Don't blame yourself. And don't push him this much." Sameer says.
"I know sir. But he lacks this lightness in his life. I'm his friend. He can share his life with me but he hide about Roshni. Sikandar. And Sam. Yah I k about him and Sam. I know they are having problems. Arry is not talking about him as excitedly as he used to. He hides coz he wants me to stay away. If I won't push him and stubbornly stay with him. He will broke. Loneliness and grief will eat him alive." She said.
"If you know everything. Then why are you keep repeating his name?" Sameer asks
This girl was making him crazy.
"Kyu ki Sam jaan hain Arjun ki. Didn't you see pain in his eyes when ever I mentioned Sam. Cheif I want my Arry back. And he won't be same if Sam is not with him. So Sam has to come back."
(Because Sam is his life.)
"If they have already started hating  each other?"
"I don't know what happened between them but Arry don't hate him. And Sam, as per Arry he can't hate anyone. He is so full of love. So may be he is angry right now. There can't be hate between friends. Misunderstanding? Yes. And there is no misunderstanding that can't be solved by just talking face to face."
She smiles at him. And he is not sure how to react.