chapter 8

Sameer was not sure what to do. What Ayona's concern was not wrong but he couldn't just fire a team member like that.
"Ayona! Rowte and Shree. I'm considering your statements. I myself can't obliged by this. So as to honour your request. I'm ordering sakshi to leave the crime scene immediately. From now on she will not be accompany us to any crime scene. But she will be the part of the team and all the informations will be shared with her as for her to do her job." Sameer said.
"But Sameer! How can I observe your work if I'm not allowed?" Sakshi said throwing Ayona a glare.
"Sorry Sakshi. This is big. We are under a possible terrorist attack. Any wrong step can cause a mass bombing. This is the best I can do for you." He said. "Ayona I.."
"It's ok Sameer. Your decision should be final. We are not done here. Liza if you are finished. You and sakshi can return to office." Ayona said.
"Yah.. Let's go Sakshi." Liza said and practically dragged sakshi out.
      They started looking for more evidences. After a while Arjun found a  diary. It has some unusual entries according to him.
"I think it's a normal diary for his business work Rowte." Sameer said.
"For the first look. It's do look like that. But see Rathore. Here this nubers are at a patern with the month."  Arjun said.
They started digging some more.
"Seems like he was also a ticket collector..." Shree said. Ayona went to him to check.
"It's not unusual. Most people keep tickets as souvenirs." Sameer said.
"No Sameer. This man wasn't one of them. These are bus tickets. Local buses." Ayona said.
"A businessman. Quite well off. Why would he keep bus tickets from local buses?" Arjun said.
"Kahin kuch to chhut raha hai Rathore!"
"We should talk to his family and staffs. As well as his business associates. Arjun, Shree and Chhotu you guise go and interogate people associated with him. Ayona and me will talk to his family." Sameer said. Arjun nodded.
"Sir. I will come with you." Shree said.
"Why?" Sameer snapped little irritated.
"His home computer sir. We could get some information from it." Shree said.
"Sameer he is right." Ayona said. "Arry! Come back to HQ after this. I don't wanna go to any hotel. We are going home." She finished.
         They all went to separate ways. Ayona and Sameer stepped into the car followed by Shree.
"Ayona? How old are you?" Shree asked.
"Way older for you." Ayona said. To which Sameer smiled.
"At least not for all of us. Right sir?" Shree countered.
"Shree...!"
"Sorry sir. I'm listening to the call recordings." Shree said wearing his headphones.
After a comfortable silence.
"Do you really want to take Arjun to that home?" Sameer asked.
" I know Sameer. That house is filled with Roshni's memories. Arry won't let it go for himself. But mere lie kar lenge. Meri har bat manne ki buri adat hai unhe. He will be alright."  Ayona said.
"Agar kar pai to uske sath kai aur zindegian vi bach jaengi." Sameer said.
(But he will do for me. He can't deny me for anything.

If you succeed then it not only save him but so many more with it.)

"I'll. That's why I'm here. I let him slipped through my hands. But I'm not loosing my friend into the darkness of his own hearts." Ayona said.
"Maybe everyone needs a Ayona in their lives." Sameer said.
"Hath badha kar dekhie. Sayad apko mil vi jae." Ayona said. To which sameer looked at her but was failed to understand the look in her eyes.  But Shree coughed while trying to control his laugher. Ayona looked at him knowing he was listening to their conversation.
          After some tiring hours they all started their journey to HQ. All three were visiblly tiered. It was way past mid night anyways. Shree looked at the tired face of his boss and said.
"Sir! Why don't you rest a bit. I can drive."
"You sure?" Sameer asked, he was not in a mood of driving anyway.
"Yah sir. I'll  drive."  He replied.
"Ok. Come Ayona." Sameer said opening a door for her and she got into car without saying anything.
     They were driving in a silence. Sameer and Ayona were at the back seat. Comfortable. Quite close to each other. At least more than anyone Shree had ever seen around Sameer. Suddenly she put her head on his shoulder to sleep. Sameer was startled. That made Shree to notice them. Usually Shree was very playful but at that time Sameer needed some pushing. So he just smiled. Not teasingly. But calmly.
"I know I should remember the protocol. But I'm too tired for this. Let me sleep now. Sorry bad main keh lungi." Ayona said in a sleepy voice that could put fire on ice. After that she drifted into sleep.
"It's fine sir. You both are tired. I suggest you should also sleep for some time. Bureau pohunchne main avi time hai. I'll wake you up." Shree said from the driver's seat.
       Sameer nodded. He was tired and Ayona was sleeping calmly on him. He could just use some sleep. He got himself comfortable. When they reach the HQ. Shree was about to wake them up but when he turned to see them. He stopped. Seemed like they changed place in their sleep. They are in cuddling position now. Ayona was snuggled close to Sameer's chest. Sree clicked a picture of them.
"Aww.. They look so peaceful. I took the longest way to here. But I have to wake them. Ok.. Sir.. Sir.." Shree said. Waking Sameer up.
"Are we here Shree?" He said in a heavy voice.
"Ya. I'm going inside. You wake her up." He said and jogged away.
       Sameer looked at the sleeping girl in his arms. He understood that she was melting his hard cold heart. He whispered her name to wake her up. In a result she moaned and snuggled even close. That sent a jolt of electricity in his body. He tried again. This time she woke up and looked up saying
"Hi" In a sleepy dreamy voice. He looked at her lips. A thought crossed his mind to close the gap. But he stopped himself. They just met. Yes they were comfortable around each other but he should not just race things up. Frankly he liked what was happening between them and last thing he will want is to ruin that.
"We are here."
"Oh.. That was one of the best nap in a long time.." She said not yet getting up.
"Why?"
"Coz I know I'm safe with you. Life like myself safety is very costly. This is why I'm so comfortable with the idea of being your possession."
"But you don't even know me."
"My life is a mystery Sameer. I don't even know myself. But you. You are very pure. Like a solitaire. I trust you not because you can save me. But because I know you will save me." She said finally getting up. Sameer looked at he and promising himself never to break this trust.
"Chale?" She asked.
           They both went inside. Only that car was the witness of the beginning of a innocent and pure bond between two very complex people.

An
Thank you so much for this tremendous patient. You guys are amazing... Please vote and comment. I'll be waiting for them..