Chapter 9

They discussed the information they had from places with each other. They got some leads but it wasn't very impressive so they decided to go after them the next day and call it a day.

"Ok team looks like we are wrapping up for the day. Tomorrow morning we will discuss the plan of action. It was a long day. Go home. Sakshi I will drop you. Shree Liza ko ghar chhod dena." Sameer said.

"Sameer! Before coming to office tomorrow why don't we meet up at our place and have breakfast. We can all plan there." Ayona said. Sameer looked at Arjun.

"That's her home as well Rathore. If she wants to have her people over for a meal I will not possibly have any problem." Arjun said looking at Ayona.

"It's final then. Tomorrow morning 9o clock at Rawte's place." Sameer said. Sakshi wasn't very happy about it but she choose not to say anything.

"You better be a great cook Ayona." Liza joked. Ayona laughed at it and said.

"Mere hath ka ek bar khaoge na, restaurant word ko apne dictionary se nikal doge."

"Its true." Arjun said before getting up. "Chhotu why don't you stay with us today. Anyway Ayu will need help in the morning."

"Me? Of course sir." Chhotu looked at shree proving himself some what important than him.

         Ayona already paid a cleaning service to make the home habitable again before she even came. Arjun had no idea about it. On the ride home he was mostly silent while Chhotu and Ayona talked about menu for nextday. When reached, Chhotu excused himself to the guest room leaving Ayona and a very disturbed Arjun. He was reliving those memories with Roshni here. Ayona gave him some time alone to sink in the fact that he actually was there. Each and every corner that Roshni decorated herself had memories of her. Ayona wanted to fill these places with some other memories like of hers and the people who were in Arjun's present.

"Arry?" Ayona said to gain his attention.

"Ayu.. Go to sleep. You must be tired." He said.

"Yes. I am. But my tiredness is very short lived while I can see you are tired of being in the grief. I'm here Arry, I'm here now. Come back to me." She said holding out her hands. Arjun went into her arm without a second thought.

         Arjun was sleeping like a baby and Ayona was watching him sitting on a chair next to him. Suddenly she whipped out her phone and wrote a message.

"First day went well.
Arjun don't know yet.
The crime reporter will be a problem."
She then send it to some unknown number. Ayona get into the covers with Arjun who just held her in his sleep.

"Good night my Brother"

          Next day morning Ayona was making food in the kitchen. She ordered some grocery for early morning delivery. Chhotu came out of the guest room.

"Good morning chhotu. Sleep well last night?" Ayona asked.

"Good morning Ayona. Where is Arjun sir?" Chhotu asked.

"Still sleeping. I might have to wake him up in a minute." Ayona said.

"Ummm smells nice. What you are making?" He asked.

"Aloo ke parathe. We decided last night na. Chhotu I have everything but milk. Ek bar niche bhag ke jao na." Ayona said.

"Sure thing." He said and went away. After a minute Arjun came.

"Morning Ayu!"

"Hi Arry. You are up."

"Lag raha hai ek arse bad utha hun." He said. Ayona was about to say something when door bell rang. Arjun opened it. It was shree.