a chapter i forgot what number lol

Calm down, Sapphire. Sapphire thought. Do what you would do. Something epic. All she had to do was process the bulk of information overwhelming her brain. "Uh, guys?" Every single head turned towards her. Even Gecko decided to stick his head through the roof and totally trash the ceiling. Sapphire glared at Gecko before standing up. "I know this is hard to process, all this information that I'm supposed to remember but cannot, but I think that we should get out of here, and start this proper."

"Wh-what do you mean?" Sawyer said, clearly confused by all the information that he was lacking. "Tor?" chirped Spark. lol wut?

"What I'm saying," Sapphire took in a deep breath. "We're going to uncover what really happened, together as one. And yes, Sawyer can come, if he wishes to."

—————

"Huh. Luckily Nurse Joy never noticed. Or she would have probably freaked out over the gigantic hole in the roof of the Pokemon Center," Ash mused, and everyone looked at Gecko. He spread out his arms, as if acting innocent, and smiled sheepishly.

Our heroes stepped onto the path outside the Pokemon Center in Evergrande City (admit it you read that in the narrator voice which appears in every single Pokemon episode but yeah you can resume to normal voice now) and set off towards where the palace should be (well no one really remembered after so long). The black night enveloped them, the only obvious light coming from Gecko. The small group headed into the mysterious depths of the forest, quiet but audible scribbling coming from Sawyer's direction, probably jotting down that Rayquazas are bioluminescent.

After what seemed like hours of silent--well, almost silent since Sawyer was writing away on his notebook with his scratchy pencil--walking, they came to a small clearing, perfect for sitting down to rest and take a short break. "Ah, finally! My legs hurt like Pikachu just used Thunderbolt on them!" Ash sighed in contentment, plonking himself down at the base of a tree and wiping sweat off his brow. "Still don't understand some things though. But the truth is the truth, I can't change that."

Sapphire instead chose to sit on a tree stump, gazing at the endless, starry night sky, her mind wandering amilessly into the further reaches of thinking. I wonder, she thought. Maybe nature will give me the answer? She shook her head and tore her gaze away from the stars. No. What am I thinking? I've got to find out everything. And nothing will come to me if I just stare. A little bit of warmth crept up her right shoulder, and it was then that she realised two things. One, she was getting cold. Two, Lucario was sitting beside her, instead of on the floor, where everyone else was, including Gecko and Spark. Spark was snuggled up against Gecko, who was curled up on the grass, a soft green glow emanating from him.

She inched closer to Lucario, who seemed to tense up at her movement. "Can't sleep?" Sapphire teased, looking sideways at the blue bipedal Pokemon. Under the green glow of Gecko, his cheeks flushed a little bit red, and he turned his face away from Sapphire. "Y-yeah..." he muttered. "I thought so," Sapphire replied and smiled.

"Oh, right."

"Hm? What's the matter, Lucario?"

"...I like you a lot," he suddenly blurted out after a long pause.

—————

Oh dear god Arceus spare me please that was way too cringey, Lucario thought, his cheeks becoming a deeper shade of red. Why did I even say that it was supposed to be a secret what if Gecko heard me in his sleep I would be vaporised oh sweet mother of Arceus no--

"I like you a lot too."

WELL THAT WAS ONIX-PECTED.

OK NOW CALM DOWN YOU DON'T NEED TO BLUSH THAT HARD CONTROL YOURSELF AND BE A MAN DON'T REACH FOR HER HAND MAYBE GIVE HER FLOWERS NO THAT WOULD BE TOO STUPID OH SHOOT WHAT DO I DO NOW MAYBE SHE JUST LIKES ME AS A CLOSE FRIEND I DON'T KNOW I WANT TO HOLD HER HAND AND NEVER LET GO WHY AM I THINKING THIS WHY ARE MY CHEEKS SO WARM WHY IS THERE SOMETHING ON MY--

OH.

OK.

DAMMIT CHEEKS STOP TURNING RED.

—————

From Lucario's outer look, he looked normal except for the crimson blush on his cheeks, which pretty much gave away everything. Because of the immense powers that Sapphire possessed, she could read anyone's mind if she wished to, and when she read Lucario's it was, well...

...TOO cute.

Not the sort of baby-doll eyes sort of cute, but the tsundere sort of cute.

And it just added to the feelings Sapphire already had for Lucario. She had only said a sentence, and the thoughts that came after it just made it completely irresistible to not hold his hand. So she had intertwined her fingers with his paw, which made pretty much his whole face turn red.

Even the usually calm and collected Sapphire was having jumbled up thoughts. Half of her wanted to hug Lucario close and never let go, and the other half wanted to sleep through the whole night, and another half of her...

Wait that was too many halves.

(but you get what i mean)

—————

The two of them wound up sleeping together that night, and neither of them complained the least bit, with their fingers intertwined throughout the whole night.

Unfortunately, Gecko woke up too early the next morning.