Hunters

Sinb went up to the rooftop again. Her usual hanging out place whenever she's bored or spending her vacant hours there instead of sitting in the classroom.

She noticed that someone is behind the wall, sitting casually with her eyes closed and headphones in her ears. Umji. Having her arms crossed infront of her chest and quietly listening to music.

Sinb, without having second thoughts, gathered her courage to break all the awkwardness between them and lay down to Umji, making Umji's lap her pillow and close her eyes.

Umji, however, didn't open her eyes. She knows it's Sinb. But she didn't think that she would lay down there.

"Yah.. Hwang Eunbi.. what are you doing?" Umji utters with her eyes closed, still in her position.

"Shh.. keep quiet. I'm trying to sleep." Sinb replied casually with her eyes closed.

Umji didn't bother to respond and let Sinb do whatever she wants to do. The two are there, taking a nap. Few minutes later, Umji opened her eyes from a nap. She saw that the sun is shining on Sinb's face, that's why she blocked it with her hands. She traces Sinb's face with her stare. How she misses Sinb's comfort and presence.

"Eunbi-ssi.. I know you're awake. Get up now please." Umji utters while crossing her arms again and removing her stare to Sinb.

Sinb, on the otherhand, gets up while wiping her eyes from a shoal sleep and straightened her legs.

"Umji-yah.. what time is it?" Sinb asked. Umji looks at her wrist watch.

"Uhh.. 20 minutes before our afternoon period starts." Umji answered.

"Have you eaten already?" Sinb asked, still wiping her eyes.

"Nope. Haven't got the chance." Umji replied.

"Why?"

"Because you're laying on my lap and I can't move. You look sound asleep, that's why I didn't bother to wake you up until now." Umji said.

"Sorry. You should've woke me up."

"No, it's fine."

Sinb didn't answer. The two remains quiet. They don't know what to tell the other. But sure there are many things to clarify.

"Umji-yah.."

"Eunbi-ssi.."

The two talked again simultaneously. But Umji continued unhesitatingly what she wanted to say.

"Why aren't you calling me by my real name anymore? Instead, you call me by my nickname these days." Umji said as she looked at the open sky.

"Uhh.. I don't know. Maybe because I think, you don't want me to call you by your name anymore. You know.. because of what happened." Sinb answered Umji's question straightforward.

"No. Actually, I love it when you call me by my name. That's why.. when we were at the library, I don't know why but I feel like something in my chest hurts when I heard you call me 'Umji' once again." Umji replied honestly.

Sinb looked at her and smiles. Then she looks at the sky too.

"I didn't know you like it that much." Sinb said while smiling, still looking at the sky.

"Of course. I love it." Umji said immediately.

"Y-Yewon-ah.." Sinb utters then looked at Umji.

Umji turns to the other side, opposite Sinb when she uttered her name once again. Hiding her smile.

"Are we okay now?" Sinb asked her while smiling.

"Tss. Whatever you say." Umji awkwardly uttered, still not looking at Sinb.