*Ch 3 What Did I Just Say?

• Dedicated to Erika Mae M Bautista

"There she goes, looking like a star, with ther body shaped like a rock guitar. There she goes like a shooting star, make you wanna play, makes all the boys them say"I heard someone sing behing me when I went to take my den once again. "Knock it off, Austin before I....", I stammered. "Before you what, Annie?", Austin enquired teasingly. "Before I... Forget it. Please Austin? One last time? For me? Please please please please take your den. You know how I hate this take-your-den business." I faked a pout. Austin either fell for it or he decided to be on my side but he nodded and went away. I knew he would have to pay for this later. He would be teased by his friends like anything. But just imagine this- Austin Montez does so much for me- Annie Swift, soon to be Annie Austin Montez (well in my dreams because I am a hundred percent sure Austin will never ever like me the way I like/love him. He doesn't know what he's missing.)

"Annie stop", Austin took my name first again. "Quit it, Austin. Why do you like teasing me so much?" He came pretty close to me and looked me in the eye. I could feel his breath on my face. "Because..." but he never got his chance to answer since Tyler came and placed his hand on Austin's back. "Party", he said with a mischevious grin on his face. He had witnessed the entire thing.

We then played down for some more time and then it was just me, Alicia and Austin down alone in the garden, with the light from the lamp there lighting up my face. I sat down while Aliciia sat on the bench opposite me and Austin squeezed himself next to me on the small one seater park bench which could accomidate one and a half person. My leg was touching Austin's. We have this really close friendship which has never been broken from the last 10 years since we know eachother from the time I was 3 and Austin was 4 and a half. Well we never stopped talking until that once dreadful day after which we didn't talk for a year. We began talking just yesterday after that incident. I don't want to remember that ever again and I want our frindship to remain as tight as the Levis I got years ago which I barely get into.

"P-p-p- poker face p-p-poker face", Alicia's mobile phone began to buzz. "Ya", she spoke onto the phone. "What? Now? Please? I've just gotta come to the next block. Ok. Bi" She then turned to Austin and me saying,"I've gotta go. Mum alert. Catch up with you'll later guys. Bi. Good night." she then came and whispered into my ears,"enjoy the treat." I didn'tnunderstand what she meant at first. Now I understood. That wasn't a call from home. It was music she was playing and poker face happenes to be her ringtone. She played the music out loud and acted as if her phone was ringing and she had to go home. Smart. NOT. Well, ok, it IS a teeny-weeny bit smart.

"So", I told Austin. 'just like old times', I thought to myself.

"Whadda you gonna do once you go home? And what's for dinner?", I asked out of curiosity. "Well, I'm gonna go for a bath and then have dinner-hotdogs." "Yummy. Sent some for me", I said jokingly. "Haha, of course", he played along.

"Wanna walk?" I asked him. "Uh yeah, fine", he replied. We then got off the park bench and began roaming around the building in silence. Complete silence. You could actually hear a cricket. I wanted to ask him..."Uh Austin? Could I ask you something? Don't get angry please or stop talking to me. Please? I'm curious. You know how I get when I'm curious, right?", I asked putting pressure on him. He knew what I was about to ask him. "I can't gurantee you anything", he said laughingly, though I knew he was hurting inside.

"How do I say this?", I began. He looked at me- poker face. Read a guys emotions and I'll give you anything in the world, girls. They are so impossible to read. "Well", I closed my eyes and bluttered out what was in my mind so fast; I don't think he understood a single thing. "Why-did-you-stop-speaking-to-me-that-christmas-holidays?" Uh-oh. I asked him the totally wrong question.

A/N- This shortest chapter EVER given by me as far as I remember. Actually, I just wanted this chapter up cause it IS sort of important I guess. I don't know cause when I begin writing a story I don't plan anything I just write. So please don't mind the spelling errors. Thanks. Also this was half-typed from my iPad, half from the computer and half from my phone.