*Ch 11 Christmas Eve.

• Dedicated to Nikita Fernandes

Oh. No. What did I do? I thought. No no no no no. BIG mistake.

Annie's POV (Point Of View)

Wait a minute! That voice. That sweet sweet voice. It can't be! "Austin?!?", I said suprised and shocked at the same time. "Yeah. It's me" Austin said somewhat lamely. "So, what are you doing here? Christmas vacations?" Austin asked me.

Austin's POV

How could I even ask that question? I thought. I already knew the answer. "Umm. Brittnaé's here, right?" She told me as if she was asking me a question. "Oh, yeah. I know. Just didn't strike me."

Suddenly, someone thugged my shoulder. Melody! "Oh, yeah. I almost forgot. Annie, this is Melody- my best friend here, in NY. Melody, this is Annie." Oh no. I could've said something on the lines of, oh yeah, "the girl I always speak about", I continued. I could see Annie's schcked face. "You speak about me?" She asked. "Yeah, of course I do", I said.

"Yeah, he does. All the time", Melody said. "You know Melody?" Melody began mimicking my voice- "Annie this. Annie that. You know, Annie's like this and she's like that. I wish you could meet her. I wonder what she's doing now. I miss talking to her...." Melody said. "Melody, we get it", I butted in.

"So", I asked Annie. "What are you doing for christmas? Join Mel and me for lunch. Bring Britt along, too. I'm not going anywhere. My families coming here, though. Actually, just Fergie and Justin. We would like your company. We've got a lot of talking to do too. Lots to catch up on." I said. "Of course, we will. We, too, are here alone."

"So", Annie continued. "Come home sometime. You know Britt's appartment well, don't you? The one at Manhattan?" I nodded. I then promised to come there sometime and we decided to meet the next day at my place. We also decided to meet after church that evening.

We then payed for our things and went our own ways. Melody and I caught a cab. "You really like this girl, don't you?" She asked me suddenly. "Yeah", I answered, gazing int the distance. "But, as a friend. She's great. I don't know why I ever wanted to stop talking to her." "You know what the say? You never realise someone's worth unless and until you loose them", Melody said. "But, then again", she continued. "Times change and with that, people, too, change. I won't be suprised if after a few days you don't wanna talk to her even."

I thought about what Melody had just said. "Yeah, I agree with you, Mel. People change. They most certainly do."

We then reached Melody's appartment. I waved her a good bye. "See you tomorrow, Mel. Lunch, my place. Dare you forget." I said. "Nah. Don't worry. I won't. See ya", she then walked up the stairs, pened the lock to her door and went in.

Aftera while, I reached my place. I payed the driver and ran up, to my appartment.

As soon as I opened the door, I got the sweet-pungent smell of pine. My christmas tree. I saw it- now decorated with lights, candy cane, bells, round balls of red and topped off with a beautiful angel on the tippy-top of the tree.

I then looked around my appartment- now decorated with again, lights. I looked outside the window, a star shone bright, lighting up the entire window and the area near the window.

All of a sudden, I heard a scream, "Aussie." There's just one person in the world who calls me that. "Fudge!" I said on seeing Fergie. She hugged me. "Wow!" I said. "You've grown tall, dude!" She was beaming. "And thanks for the decorations", I added. Looking around amazed at how wonderfully a 13 year old can decorate a house, making it a cozy home.

"Come on", Fergie said, "It's christmas. How can a home not be decorated? It's christmas eve already. But my brother's too busy to even put a single star out the window." She said.

"Yeah", I said. "College life, sis. You've got just a couple of years more to experience it. So, where's Justin?" I asked her. "He's in. Jet lag!" She said, irritated. "Lets wake him up!" She whisperedinto my ear. I nodded. This was a little game we used to play when we were little- teaming up and troubling Justin. Well, this one's kiddish, but, christmas makes you a kid, right?"

We then went outside the room door where Justin was. I then began the countdown- "5" Fergie then said, "4." We then began counting down together- "3, 2, 1" We then kicked open the door. "Ahh. Justin. Fire! Fire! Run outta the building. Get up. Quick. We don't have time. It's spreading."

He got up startled, falling down from the bed. "Ouch", he said, once he got up from the floor, his hand on his head. "That hurt, guys! It's not funny. It's kiddish, kay?" "Look who wants to grow up fast!" I said, teasingly. Fergie's bunny laugh followed shortly.

"So", I said, eager to speak. "Guess who I saw-aww." Fergie's face lit up like she had guessed it. Justin, too, was suprised, like he had just won the lottrey. "I saw Annie Swift. She's here in NY with Britt. I invited them over today, after mass and tomorrow for lunch." I said. They looked excited. Both of them were also BFF's with Annie, just like me.

"Woah, dude. That's news. I've met her only once after you've gone", Justin said. "Cool. Christmas with Ne and Britt."

"Anyway", Fergie said. "I'm going for a bath, now guys." She then went out of the room. "I'm, too, gonna freshen up", Justin said. He, too went out of the room. "I'm gonna keep your clothes ready, Jus" I said. "Kay", he shouted from the bathroom.

I the. Went and kept out our black christmas suits. After that, I removed Fergie's dress and ironed it, too. Just then, Justin came out from a bath. I, too went in and had a shower. Once I came out, I bagan getting ready. After a while, Fergie, too, slipped into her dress.

We were then ready to leave. We hopped into my Maserati. We reached church in no time. We then entered and sat just behind Britt and Ne.

-----

After church, we began wishing everyone. Merry christmas' were being thrown in all directions. People were over-joyed. Wow! I thought. Christmas at last.

A\N- Sorry guys. Chapter not edited yet. AGAIN!!!!!!!