Chapter 8

I wake up, and wash my face in the bathroom. I put my contacts in, do my makeup and hair, and get dressed. I'm wearing white pants, a pale pink sweater, and my same nude pumps. I grab my coffee and water, then head out the door to my bus.

I walk onto the bus and sit in the usual second seat from the front. Penn wasn't at my stop, weird. The bus follows the same route, and picks up all the kids. We head for the school, and about 7 minutes later we are there.

While walking off the bus, I get a Twitter notification saying that Leonardo DiCaprio tweeted something about the ice caps. I don't really care about our environment, but I always retweet his tweets. I walk up to Michele and Jesse just like every other normal school day. We start talking about the process of objecting at weddings, and how you have to have an actual reason, not just because you're in love with either the bride or the groom.

"If the person objecting is still married to the bride or groom, the minister or whoever is marrying the couple has to tell the guests to leave and take their gifts. It is so hilarious!" Michele says.

Katie then walks up and Michele explain sthe ridiculous subject that we were on, and I still don't understand why we were even talking about it .

The bell rings, and we go to the cafeteria like usual before we have to go to our homeroom. I don't really pay attention to what they're saying because I can not stop thinking. I don't even know what I'm thinking about. So many things are lingering in my head needing to be answered. I really need to just leave this place, I need to go to New York City and start my life fresh there. I can't stand it here, and I need to be myself. I can't be it here. I guess it's noticeable that I'm not paying attention because Jesse asks if I'm okay.

"Yeah I'm fine, but I gotta go," I say and I get up and walk to my homeroom. I sit at my desk and take out my phone. I go on Tumblr and search the broadway tag and start reblogging images and music.

The bell that notifies everyone to go to their homeroom rings. Kenni walks in and says hello, and then all the morons walk in and start yelling and hollaring. The late bell rings and our teacher gives us a lesson. I rarely pay attention to these, I just wish that Bobcat TV started already. That is our morning announcements, and I am one of the anchors that stars in it. I really hate this short class. I wish I could just sit in a janitor's closet until it's over.

"Celine, get off your phone." Mrs. McCormmick tells me. I roll my eyes and put t in my pocket. I hear the door open and I see Penn. He's wearing a jean button down shirt, black jeans, and dark brown oxfords. He has a a starbucks cup, and sunglasses are hanging from his shirt. I never noticed how tall he was. He's around, maybe, 5'11". 5'10". Either way he's taller than me. Instead of a backpack, he has brown leather satchel. He walks over to the teacher, and gives her a note. It probably explains how he's now in this class. Mrs. McCormmick points to the seat behind me and he sits down. He taps my shoulder, and says,

"Hey."

"Oh, hi. How did you change homerooms?"

"Well, I was put in a sophmore homeroom. Oh and sorry I wasn't on the bus this morning. I missed it," he says and smiles. We both laugh, but then we're shushed.

I sneak out my phone and I DM Penn on Twitter because sadly I don't have his number.

Please put me out of this misery. I beg you.

I see him pull out his phone out of his bag, and hear him laugh, quietly. He responds:

Haha, no way.

I start to repsond, but then the bells rings. And I get up and turn around, and ask him where his next class is.

"Journalism," he says.