Chapter 7: Follow your Heart

- "Elena!" - exclaimed Isabel. – "I need to talk to Varian!!"

- "What?" Elena asked, turning her gaze to her sister. – "Why? What's wrong?"

Isabel crossed her arms.

- "What's wrong?" - she shrieked. – "What is in the dungeon! He lied to me! He lied to me! Why do I want something good for him then?! I should hate him! Damn conscience!! I don't know!! I don't know!!"

- "Isa, what did you say?" - Elena frightened.

- "He was bad!" - Isabel continued. – "I trusted him!! He was my friend!! Why did I believe him!? He's just a stupid two-day acquaintance!! Why does it hurt then!?"

- "What are you talking about?" - Elena insisted.

- "Varian!!" - Isabel shouted. – "That damn traitor! I want to go see him!! Tell the stupid guards to let me talk to him!! Tell them!!"

- "Isabel, sit here!" - ordered Elena.

Isabel obeyed. She dried her tears and looked at her sister.

- "Isa, I know it hurts" - Elena said calmly. – "It would bother me too. Hey, you know? Mami is telling you not to worry, that everything will be resolved and if you're willing to follow your heart when making a decision, everything will be fine."

Isabel could not help but cry again. Elena gave her a hug, while her parents joined without Isabel knowing.

- "Papi says to be strong" - Elena continued. – "That if you think you should talk to..." - Elena wrinkled her nose. – "His name is Varian, Papi, no... what did you say?"

There was a silence of no more than four seconds, but to Isabel, it was an eternity.

- "Adrian, Papi?" - laughed Elena. – "From Adrián to Varian is a bit of a stretch."

Isabel looked at her sister curiously.

- "Oh, right, sorry" - said Elena. – "Continue, Papi."

Again, there was silence.

- "Papi says if talking to Varian seems like the right thing to do, then do it and as long as I don't leave..." - Elena laughed. – "Papa! You wouldn't even be able to."

Isabel looked where Elena looked and smiled, hoping that even if she couldn't see them, her parents would smile back.

- "I need you" - Isabel sobbed. - "Every day."

Elena bit her lip looking at what Isabel was looking nothing, she continued to translate what her parents wanted to convey to her; However, for Isabel, it was difficult to be credible, but whether it was or not, the advice lifted her spirits that Varian had taken from her.

- "Papi and Mami say we will always have them just because we can't see them (in most cases) does not mean that" - Elena sobbed. -"They can't see us, and they want to tell us... that..." - Elena's eyes filled with tears. - "That they are proud of us, so get up and go follow your heart, Isa, because it is what always... what we must do..."

- "Mami, Papi," - Isabel got up, as tears slid down her cheeks. - "I will not disappoint you, I promise."

And with a sweet look, she said goodbye to her parents and with her sister they ran to the dungeons.