part 11 of 14

Scamp pulled his face away from Angel's ear to watch her face, wide eyed and unblinking. He was eager to hear what she had to say. He recovered himself quickly when he saw how startled she looked but it was nice to know scamp has someone to protect and love.

"Ah-he he..I mean, if you wanted that." He was talking fast now. "Um maybe you could think about it cause my mom thinks-" Scamp's chattering mouth snapped shut when Angel pushed her head under his chin.

She stayed like that for a moment before muttering in a very Angel-like manner, "scamp, there is no need for fast talk I want to be with you to ."

Angel blushed Hard as Scamp ran his chin over the back of her neck in a loving manner but kind of shakey from being nervous. His chest felt like it was going to explode from happiness. He Finaly knew that she wanted to be with him. And Jim Dear said that he was glad to have her back-that in itself made Scamp incredibly happy. Maybe if he was on his best behavior, Jim would forget what he'd said the other day.

"Is that a rule?"

Angel wagged her tail quickly And kissed his cheek softly in a loving maner.

"Since when do you care about rules?" She bantered playfully, and shoved him gently with her paw.

He scoffed.

"That's it, get out of my bed." He said, and pushed her back.

Angel feigned a hurt look.

"Fine. But only because I'm starving."

The little mixed breed hopped out of Scamp's bed and started to trot out of the room. Scamp watched for a while, and then stumbled to his feet on still shaky legs.

"Wait for me!" The grey dog yelped, once to call Angel, and again when his legs failed him. He landed on his chin with his rear end stuck in his bed, pointed straight up. Angel turned around and ducked her head, obviously trying not to laugh.

Scamp let out a heavy groan.

"Aaaangeeelll I'm hungry!"

Angel backtracked to Scamp and crouched playfully, making herself eyelevel with the fallen pup. She looked him directly in the eyes and started speaking slowly.

"Think about all that kibble..."

Scamp licked his lips.

"You're so dramatic." Angel rolled her eyes to the ceiling.

"And you do that a lot." Scamp managed to get to his feet this time. Both young dogs laughed, and Scamp noted that Angel had slowed her pace so that he could keep up with her on his wobbly legs.

She pressed her paws to the swinging door when they reached it, pushing it open for Scamp to get through. He was grinning wildly at her. Angel shot him a questioning look.

"I thought that guys were suppose to hold the door open for the ladies, not the other way around."

Angel snatched the opportunity, but Scamp redirected it instantly.

"I guess that makes you a lady, Scamp."

"Oh-so then you're a guy."