Fourteen

Gwen's POV

Since Connor practically had a phobia of being in a car, I was forced to walk with him all the way to the small building where we would see Dr. Emerson.

"I'm sorry," he said quietly as he dug his hands deeper into his pockets.

"What for?"

"For putting you through all of this trouble," he replied.

"I don't mind."

As we arrived at the front of the building, I pushed open one of the glass doors and we both walked inside.

We were already a few minutes late and I already knew that Dr. Emerson will look at us sternly as soon as we enter due to our lack of punctuality.

We walked down the long corridor until we arrived at a red door.

"Ah. I've missed you," Connor said quietly and I could hear the sarcasm in his voice as he stared at the red door that both of us didn't want to enter.

I turned the knob much to his annoyance, but I didn't open it yet. He didn't want me too. I didn't want to.

"Can't we just blow this off?" he asked, his ocean blue eyes begging me to say yes. 

"No, We can't. Come on it's just a short appointment. We go in. We get out. That's it."

I opened the door letting both of us in and as expected Dr. Emerson was seated on her stool, holding her clip board, a stern expression on her face.

"Connor. Gwen. It's good to see you," she said in a monotone voice and I was about ready to grab Connor by the arm and just leave right then and there.

We both took a seat on the red leather couch as she towered over us on her tall stool.

"Are both of you okay? Still suffering from nightmares?" she asked and Connor and I shook our heads.

Dr. Emerson looked almost shocked and for the first time ever she went off-script and she wasn't bothered by it.

"Really?"

Connor and I nodded and a wide smile found its way to her face.

She looked down at our intertwined fingers and her smile grew wider.

"Ever since both of you first walked into my little office I knew that you would end up together," she said and it was mine and Connor's turn to smile. Although, her words were kind of creepy if you really processed them.

"Since both of you obviously don't need my help anymore, let's cut this appointment short, shall we?" she asked and Connor stood up and hugged her as I did the same right after him.

"Thank you," I whispered into her ear and she continued stroking my back. "For everything."

Once we finally let go Connor took my hand in his once more and we all said our final goodbyes.

"This isn't goodbye. This is merely just a see you later," she said, which left Connor and I pretty confused, but we didn't really mind.

"We'll try to visit sometime," I promised, but I knew we would never come around to actually doing it and deep down, I knew Dr. Emerson knew that too.

"I'm looking forward to it."

Connor finally shut the red door, but I took my time just staring at it and he did the same.

"To be honest I'm really going to miss this stupid red door," he said.

"Me too, Connor."

Me too.

~

a/n: really short chapter and I'm really sorry for that :/ but hey........

RILEY THOMAS MCDONOUGH IS FRICKING 19!!!! CAN YOU HEAR MY HEART BREAKING?!