4 : Argumentative Gods

"Was that really necessary? She was only a hatchling." Milodr sighed as he stepped behind his mate, watching the mortals from above.

"I let her live." Molira snarled. "You should not have broken the sacred laws and brought her sister back from the dead. If Shina helps Zepth challenge me, I told her I would blind both her eyes."

"My sweet love..." He inhaled with a laugh. "If Zepth knows you landed a talon on her sister, she would most definitely challenge you."

"Regardless, I may not be able to kill Zepth with my powers, but I can still kill Shina." Molira studied her claws with boredom. "Not to mention everyone else Zepth cares for."

     "If you killed her, I would just have to bring her back from the dead a second time."

     "Why did you bring Shina back at all?!" She let out a frustrated roar.

     "Zepth defeated Dilarox." Milodr stated, as if it was obvious. "A dragon of such bravery should be rewarded. Especially when their sister is claimed by death at such a young age. She didn't deserve the guilt."

     "She deserved every ounce of guilt! She threatens my very existence!" Molira scoffed. "If Zepth did destroy me somehow, than the very dragon created to bring balance would kill it."

     Milodr turned his head to the side. "How do you mean?"

     "Honestly, it's quite simple." His mate rolled her eyes. "If I am gone, then there would be no Dragon God of Darkness. Balance would tilt and the scale would explode. I need to stay here. For the sake of all."

————————————

The two of them continued to watch, studying from the clouds. Milodr walked away, once more leaving Molira to glare at the mortals.

"Since we are breaking sacred laws..." She grinned to herself. "I have a little reward for Kintes, as well..."