Chapter II

"I see... That settles it." Hisoka said, Shuffling his cards. Most of the crowd looked shocked. The strange monkey scampered away. Hisoka continued "Examiners are Hunters. selected by the committee to do the job without pay." Ugh, I'm pretty sure most of us know that... at least, all the ones that aren't total idiots.. Ilya thought in annoyance, blocking out Hisoka.

Soon enough, they were running again. this time through Swindlers Swamp. Hisoka had dropped behind, most likely to kill the slower ones at the back. Satotz wasn't going too fast, it would be easy to keep pace with him. "Hey, Lizzie!" she heard Gon's voice call. I looked behind me, not seeing the source of the sound. "Where are you?!" She yelled back, slowing down. "Over here!" The voice seemed more muffled now, and off towards the side. She sighed. Guess I'll have to go find them... wait, why was she bothering? She could just leave them and follow Satotz. she shook her head. Too late now... She started running towards Gon's voice. Suddenly, she came face to face with a giant frog. Where are th- Her thought was cut off when the frog threw up on her. "AUGH!" she screamed. She looked down and saw Gon and Killua sitting on the ground. "What happened?" I asked. They just laughed. "We got eaten by a frog, of course!" Gon yelled. "Well, if You're fine, I'm gonna go find Satotz again." I told them. "Yeah, Okay! We're gonna go find Leorio and Kurapika!" Gon told her. She smiled. So innocent...

As she arrived at the Clearing, she realized she was the only one to make it so far. well, other than Satotz of course. he looked at her. She wondered if he recognized her... soon other applicants started coming in. I'm surprised so many weaklings made it through... She thought in annoyance. I thought Hisoka would kill them all.. oh, he better not have killed Gon and Killua... if he did... She watched the crowd more intently searching for Gon and Killua. they weren't there yet. oh dear... She got up, moving towards the Swamp. suddenly, three boys came in front of her. "Hey where are you going? You shouldn't go back into the swamp! It's dangerous!" I rolled my eyes. "Maybe for you. I don't really care." The boys looked at each other. "Is she hypnotized?" one of them asked. "Ugh. get out of my way!" I demanded pushing through them. "But-" One of them started. "NO BUTS! I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING YOU IDIOT!" I screamed. UGH these people really get on my nerves!

I searched the Swamp quietly, hearing a voice, a moved towards it. "Gon, Killua?" I yelled. "Over here, Lizzie!" She heard Killua yell. I ran towards them. The blond haired boy name "Kurapika" was there. but the older man wasn't. "Where's the other guy? Liorio?" "Leorio. and Hisoka took him." Gon told him. "Did you get lost?" I glanced at him, "huh? No. I came back for you guys!" He smiled, "Thanks!" "Can we get going?" Killua asked. I nodded, "This way!"

"and stage two will be... COOKING!!!" Menchi announced. Everyone was shocked. A couple threw tantrums. Like babies... I thought to myself. Luckily, I cooked for the troupe often.

"Buhara, what do you want?" Menchi asked. "It can be anything... as long as it has pork!" he told them. There were a few people who looked annoyed, some confused, others just downright angry. "You are free to use meat from any species of Biska Forest pigs." "And we will evaluate more than just the taste." Menchi said. "Don't underestimate the intricacies of cooking." she glared at the crowd for a second. "Got it? When we've both eaten our fill, the exam will end." "We get it, we get it!" a man in the crowd said. "Let's just start!" Buhara Smiled and slapped his stomach, making a loud gong sound.

I quickly found a pig. after hitting it on its forehead I carried it back to the cooking area. I cooked it, sliced it, and seasoned it. adding sauce on the side in case Buhara wanted any. All the little details... I thought, smiling to myself. "Wow! Lizzie, you're really good at cooking!" Gon said after seeing her dish. I smiled, "Thanks."

I sighed, Buhara had liked every plate so far and Menchi had hated every plate. Finally it was my turn, I gently put my plate on the table. Menchi glanced at it. paused for a moment and held up her X sign "It looks nice, but you put too much seasoning on." I looked at her for a second. annoyed. she hasn't even tasted it. Buhara seemed to be enjoying it though. he gave me a pass... like all the others. 

"Everyone failed!" Menchi announced. Instantly arguing broke out. "I don't want to be a chef! I want to be a hunter!" the idiot continued: "My goal is to be a blacklist hunter! I refuse to let a mere gourmet hunter decide my fate!" Menchi was obviously irritated "Too bad you got stuck with a 'mere gourmet hunter' as an examiner.." she smirked at the man. "Better luck next year?" The man turned read. like, literally turned red. "Why you... Don't mock me!!" He screamed, running at Menchi. he was tossed away easily by Buhara with a slap. Menchi sighed, "Buhara, Don't interfere." Buhara looked down at her "But, If I hadn't you would've killed him, wouldn't you?" "Probably." Menchi agreed, standing up, butcher knives in hand. "Let me get this straight." she said, walking down the stairs. uh-oh... Ilya thought, trying not to laugh. "We frequently venture into the dens of ferocious beasts, searching for ingredients." She took her knife and threw it in the air. "All hunters know some for of martial arts." grabbing her two knives she spun them around and juggled them, making a whirling circle of knives in front of her. "You lack focus and willingness to experiment." she said, catching her knives in one hand. she turned and pointed it at the crowd. "That alone disqualifies you from becoming hunters!" everyone was shocked. no one said a thing. suddenly, a voice rang out from above: "That being said, It would be excessive to fail every single applicant!" I glanced up to see a blimp floating above. A man pointed up "That's the symbol of the hunter association!" "Is it someone from the committee?" another one asked. something white dropped out of the blimp.

Hope ya enjoyed! See ya next time!!! <3