Chapter 5

Chapter 5. Action

"Please help me save the king, prince Roux!!!" Bowed the castles head pharmacist.

He still remembers me. Even after all those years.

"Please raise your head Allan-san, I no longer have my royal status."

The head pharmacist named Allan, raised his head up, surprised with what Akari said.

"No you still have your status, you are the sole survivor of the fairy race."

"I'm sorry, but I decided to live a normal life instead. Please Allan-san, tell me how we'll we stop their plan on killing the King."

Allan stood up.

"I haven't thought up of a plan yet. I only heard a bit of their conversation but it seems that they will shoot the King using a poison arrow."

That's a too simple plan.

If they really want to kill the king, it would take them more than that.

"That's a too simple plan. They must have some tricks up their sleeves. We must get to the capital quick."

"But Roux-sama, it's currently past 9:00. With a horse, it's an hour ride from here, they'll kill the king once he arrives at the docks at 10."

I understand now. So that's why that guy from yesterday said that their boss will be back in the afternoon.

Which means that they had already started to move since last night.

Certainly we won't make it in time even if we have horses. But maybe that.

"Even if my species is killed, it doesn't mean that 'that' creature is killed as well."

"What do you mean Roux-sama??"

I smiled as I went back to the cottage.

"You'll see, but first I need to write something."

I went inside and took a pencil and a piece of paper and wrote something.

I placed the paper on top of a plate covered in a banana leaf.

"Roux-sama? What are you doing?" Allan entered the cottage as well.

"Oh, I just left a note. The kids will be worried if I suddenly disappeared after all."

"Kids?!?" Allan exclaimed.

"Well then, let's go and wake that creature up."

I avoided the look that Allan gave me when I mentioned 'Kids'.

I'll just explain it once everything is finished.

We exited the cottage and went towards the forest.

On the way, I felt the uncertain vibe that Allan gave off, but he somehow concealed it since he trusted my decision.

"Roux-sama what is this creature that you speak of?"

"It's an ancient creature that sleeps within the forest. If we were to go there by horse we still wouldn't make it, but with this creature we might be able to make it in time."

Minutes had passed, we arrived in the middle of the forest.

I felt that we were drawing near. I slowly focused around my surroundings, feeling the nature and its energy.