▪ Quatre ▪

20XX, mardi, cinq, dix heures à vingt-cinq.

•Tom's POV•

Rushing up the stairs to my next lesson, I spotted Edd once more in the corridors. He plonked into the classroom and got his stuff out neatly. It was strange to finally take notice of the small things the insignificant people do for once. I don't wanna sound rude, but I swear to God he never actually speaks to anyone -- in our year at least. At least he was a nice guy when I spoke to him before.

Mrs Hughes proclaimed, "Today class, we are drawing..." but my mind wandered off. Sure, I wasn't fully listening but oh well. Rolling my 'eyes', I whipped out a pencil from my pocket and started to sketch out our new project (only after picking up the gist from what others were doing). I stared at Edd's masterpiece though, as it was amazing. He seemed to capture some sort of essence during him drawing, but what am I to know? I'm not too interested in the art aspect of all this education nonsense and picking up a pencil and making lines look good isn't in my best favour. Even if he was always silent, I continued to sneak peeks at his work like the creep am I.

About three quarters of the way through the lesson, Edd finally noticed I was staring at his stuff. "Excuse me?" He asked me sourly.
"Oh, I'm sorry. I just thought your art looked really good. It gets an A+ from me." I quickly replied in an unbothered but bothered tone. 
"Ha, thanks," He huffed gently, "No one ever notices me, y'know? I'm just the quiet art kid." He chuckled to himself after that statement. I just smiled back warmly, "Hey, it'd be cool if I could chill with you sometime! You seem pretty okay for someone that anti-social."
"Really? If so, that's cool. I'd love to talk to actual human beings for once in my life." Edd seemed to light up at that. I presumed it was time for the conversation to end so I ducked my head down back into my excuse of a sketch. 

"Alright class! Good afternoon and off you go to lunch!" Mrs Hughes proclaimed to us all. I just paced out the classroom to talk to my friend Hellucard but Edd showed up beside me instead. We trailed on for a bit about whatever junk was present in our conversation. When we got outside, he decided to keep on talking to me. To be frank, he was a really cool person and it was a bit of a shame he didn't usually speak to people. Oh well, can't be that bad being alone all the time. 

I enjoyed that lunch break a lot more than the others since Edd just seemed like a chill person overall. He didn't make inappropriate jokes all the time and just had a normal conversation with him. I'd definitely be happy being his friend. He deserves it. I heard the bell sound, so I trailed off to my Food lesson or whatever it's called.

//Words: 516