Chapter Eleven - Sleepover

Chapter Eleven – Sleepover

Rose locks the door behind her as I scan the apartment they share. It’s beautiful. The interior designer defiantly needs a promotion. I sit myself down on a comfy chair filled with fluffy pillows.

“Make yourself at home.” Gemma laughs, therefore I put my feet on the white pouf. Rose pulls out the sofa bed over the mat and smiles proudly, her hands on her hips. Gemma lies on it, grinning towards the TV.

“I’ll go start the popcorn and we can all get changed in our PJs!” Rose says as we both nod.

“You got PJs, Delilah?” She asks, “You can borrow mine if you want to.”

“Na it’s fine! I’ve got my own.” I say patting my stuff, she smiles at me before going into which is supposedly her bed room.

I slip on a baggy black tshirt and stare down to realise its Tom’s. It must have mixed up with my stuff. Regardless I keep it on purely to smell his scent, seeing as I can’t see him. I put on some pink PJ shorts on and lie down on the sofa bed. Rose appears from the kitchen with a bowl full of popcorn and passes it to me.

“Can you put Titanic on, please? Don’t eat the popcorn yet!” She laughs making me chuckle. She goes into another room as I pick up Titanic DVD from the side table and put it into the DVD player. I watch the flat screen TV on the wall with a pretty flower pattern, flash up. It goes to the menu of Titanic as I wait on the sofa bed.

Gemma appears first, her blonde waves of hair cascading almost to the bottom of her little silk pastel pink nightly and fluffy white sleeping boots. She grins over to me as she skips over to me, lying next to me on the sofa bed.

“Isn’t that Tom’s top?” She asks instantly.

“Erm… yeah…” I splutter.

“Awwww hun, don’t worry about him. He’ll crawl back in no time.” She says stuffing her face with popcorn. I don’t bother telling her Rose said not to, Rose knows she’ll do so.

“What makes you say that? I broke up with him…” I say confused.

“He just will… He’s crazy about you Delilah. And he’s worried sick.” I shake my head violently to get the image Tom almost in tears when I last spoke to him. Once I look back to Gemma she nods slightly her eyes flooding with understanding.

 Finally Rose arrives into the living room, with her locks of brunette hair tied into a scruffy bun along with a tshirt that’s a bit small for her and some PJ shorts.  She looks directly at the popcorn that Gemma is munching her way through.

“Hey! We said no eating popcorn before the movie starts?!” She says offended then giggling.

“Yeah, oh okay I promise I won’t eat anymore before the movie starts…” Gemma says still scoffing her face. Rose rolls her eyes pressing play as the introduction begins of Titanic. Throughout the movie they keep using the phrase ‘you jump, I jump.’ Staring deep into the TV I almost see Tom’s hazel eyes. I broke the promise. It’s stupid but it’s just sunk in. I called it bull shit. I believed it. But watching Rose and Jack look out for each other the entire time of this movie. It’s made me realise. I need him. I need his soothing, rocky voice hum and sing to me as I drift to sleep in his arms. I need his reassurance when I don’t think we’re going to make it. I need his eyes to stare deep back into mine, working me out slowly. I need his body to keep me warm when I have no one else to turn to.

After the movie I sit there with tears in my eyes. I swallow hard to myself, attempting to take the pain away. I look over to Rose sobbing her little heart out and Gemma having tears in her eyes. I take a long breath in and then exhale as they both look over to me.

“Such a sweet film.” Rose manages to say, I’m surprised she even watched the film because she was texting throughout the whole thing.

“It’s so sad, ain’t it?” I say wiping a tear away. They both nod as Gemma goes for a handful of popcorn but realises she finished it.

“Ooh…” She moans.

“You’re more upset about no popcorn than the actual movie!” Rose laughs.

“I was hungry…” Gemma chuckles making me laugh too.

Lying on the sofa bed, beside Gemma as Rose lies on the sofa, we begin to talk. Our conversation was interrupted by Gemma.

“When are you gonna get back with Tom?” She asks bluntly mid conversation. I laugh gently at the randomness and plus to stop the tears rolling down.

“Hold on, who said I was gonna get back together with, Tom?” I say attempting to laugh it off avoiding both sets of eyes. I feel Gemma’s hand on my back for support but shake it off without thought. Rose sighs, squeezes herself on to the sofa bed beside me.

“Well, I hope you guys get back together…” Rose says and Gemma nods.

“I dunno guys, it was so stressful-“

“But when you love each other that doesn’t matter…” Gemma claims.

“I thought I was hurting him too much.”

“You’re hurting him even more now…” Rose managed to say.

“What are you on about, Rose?” I huff, I’ve had enough if I’m honest. She sat in silence when eventually throwing her iphone.

“From… There.” She says scrolling to a certain height.

TOM: Hi, is Delilah with you? X

ROSE: Hey, yeah she is, do you want to talk to her? X

TOM: Erm no I don’t think she’ll want to… x

ROSE: Then why did you ask if I was with her? (Just wondering) x

TOM: I just want to know if she’s okay? If she has a place to stay for the night and stuff x

ROSE: She seems fine, she’s with me and Gem and we’re watching Titanic x

TOM: She loves that film :’) x

ROSE: You really love her don’t you? X

TOM: I do… I miss her already… x

ROSE: Get her back then? X

TOM: She made it pretty clear she didn’t want me… x

ROSE: She was worried for you, she thought it was her thought you were upset and stressed and she hated to see you like that x

TOM: I’m more worried for her! She doesn’t seem to realise that x

ROSE: Regardless of all this she really does love you Tom, you don’t have to worry about that, I think she just needs to clear her head atm x

TOM: Then why couldn’t we just go on a break or something?! She broke up with me instead x

ROSE: I dunno, Tom?! You’re gonna have to talk to her about this not me! But if she didn’t love you would she be wearing your tshirt right now! X

TOM: Is she? X

ROSE: Yes, Tom! X

TOM: I want her back so much…

Before I can read anymore she quickly takes it back. Everything’s flying around in my head when I wonder why she took it off me. A pain pounds in my head as I hear the doorbell ring.

“Get that for me, will you, Delilah?” Rose asks as I nod lifting myself from the sofa bed and crawl to the flat door. I open the door to reveal Tom, as he takes out a deep breath and attempts to smile back at me as I stare deep into his hazel eyes. Why is he here?