Preface: The End of a beautiful relationship

Preface || The end to a beautiful relationship

"You must be joking!" She scoffed angrily as she ran her fingers through her hair. She couldn't believe what she was seeing from him. All her clothes were pack and a folder with photos of her with her brother  hanging out taken without them noticing. It's not that she wasn't allowed to hang out with her brother, rather she wasn't allowed to tell him her real identity. She wanted to keep it hidden for as long as possible but ended up with him having a private investigator on to her.

He did nothing except shook his head unable to look into her eyes. What he did was wrong but there were times she disappeared and not only was she talented but gorgeous. He needed to know where she went when she wasn't with him. It's not that he didn't trust her but he wanted to prove to his family that she wasn't using him for money but he ended up getting more than he bargained for.

"You have to believe me, Jay" She went and tugged on his sleeve as she let the folder fall from her hands, scattering all the pictures over the floor.

He shook her hand away unable to stay near her or smell her. As he walked towards the balcony to open the window, she couldn't help but feel hurt. The sweet pineapple smell that still probably penetrated his hoodies, that once left his mouth watering now it twisted his inside. She had forgiven him for spying on her without even thinking, what she couldn't forgive is that he was not willing to do the same. He wasn't able to forgive her for this misunderstanding he wasn't willing to fight for her. He just gave false accusations and order her things to be pack kicking her out without a second thought.

"If I tell you who I really am, would you love me for who I am? Or would you love me for the nice addition I would make to your family? Maybe you would hate me for who I truly am? Or maybe you would be disappointed to know I am not who you really expect me to be?"She told him as she went to the closet and grabbed an old worn suitcase she hid in case this ever happened.

Although she expected his family to kick her out not him. He turned towards her questionably as he noticed she wasn't taking the suitcase that was already packed for her.

"No, you bought those clothes I am only taking what is mine. You can keep the clothes or burn it for all I care" She said as she opened and showed him it was only her regular clothes no brands.

She took off his ring and necklace he gave her for her birthday and left it on top of the brand suitcase. Hoping at least he would try to talk it out but all she met was his cold stare filled with mistrust and hate.

"We all make choices in life, I hope you don't regret yours...You know if you really did love me you would have trusted me or at least questioned me but instead, you chose to jump to conclusions." She told him as she turned the knob to the penthouse and left. She knew she had to come back to this country again but at least it wouldn't be because of him but rather because of that damn bet she lost.