VII

The police came rather quickly and were there within fifteen mintues after the distressing call was made. As they quickly parked their long green, white with strips of blue cars around the side lots of officers pushed through the remaining crowd who had decided to stick around and pulled themselves onto the stage followed by the pathologists who swarmed around the body like vultures and swiftly headed backstage.

    As they headed through the curtain into the backstage the five suspects, including Chuck who had been informed recently, were still sitting in their huddled group discussing murders and whatnot, sharply turned their heads at the officers and soon LLoyd turned to leave but was stopped by an officer in a jacket, a suit and a light brown hat.

  ''I'm sorry, sir I suggest you don't leave until we inform you so but until then I suggest you stay right here so we can question you. Does that sound alright?'', he said, the last sentence used with thick sarcasm.

  ''And exactly what'', said LLoyd pointing a chubby, ''authority do you think you have keeping us here like this?''

  The inspector gave a smirk at Lloyd and fumbled through his pockets and quickly pulled out a small notebook shaped wallet, quickly opened it up and strode to LLoyd holding it up a few centimetres from his eyes.

  ''I don't know if you can read this'', he grunted, ''but if not, it says, Inspector George Bradley, Cheif Inspectory which means I'm a police officer which means until this incident has been answered you listen to me. You got that?''

  ''Yes. I h-have'', he stuttered hurriedly stepping aside.

  ''Now as I just said to this gentleman to my right, I be investigating this This incident. This tragic incident I might add at that''. as he finished handed a notebook to a young garda behind him and told him briefly to ''question a few people''.

  The shivering girl quickly grabbed the notebook and shivered, replying ''err...yes sir''.

  ''Now if you'll excuse me'', said the cocky yet military like inspector. I've a body to examine''. He grinned at the little group and they pretended to grin back.

  Inspector Bradley headed onto the stage looking at a slim, young body on the stage floor. Not to mention he was also a dead body. Two or three pathologists we're examining him. Bradley pushed through kneeling down at the corpse.

  A pathologist habded him a pair of gloves which he quickly slipped on in case he needed to touch the desceased.

  ''So Bill'', he said, ''what happened here?''

  ''Hmmmm....hard to tell. His name was Harvey James, rockstar and all that. Cause of death, nothing definute we'll find that out in the tests. Well he might have been drinking up there and slipped. If so we'll find traces of alcohol in his blood stream. Well the fall seems to have broken his neck and his arms''.

 ''Is that what you think happened?'', asked Bradley.

 ''Well it's certainly possible. But one thing seems to suggest otherwise. You see he's got a small bruise on his cheek. You see? Just there. Also he landed in an akward position which ruled out killing himself. If he had he'd have landed on his front. I'm not positibe but also judging bu a few recent scratched on his arms and legs it just about looks like we've got a murder''.

  ''Yes that would explain the scratches. He got them when somebody dragged him up. Also it would look as a cover up as an accident or suicide. Well I'd better get to work. I want to look for a way to get up on the roof.  You see, if that's where the poor lad came down from then there must be a way up''.