Chapter Nineteen

Chapter 19

Lauren's POV

You know it's going to be a great day when someone purposefully shoves you as they walk by, successfully knocking everything out of your hands as well. 

 "Oops," the student that walked by laughed as she continued on her way, "Sorry, whore."

Taking a few embarrassed breathes, I bent down and picked my fallen books and binders. I'd been treated like this all day and wasn't sure how much more I would be able to handle.

Before I could take five more steps forward, Darren appeared out of the sea of students. He stepped in my path and wouldn't let me move.

"Hold on, Lauren."

I tried to get around him but he was having none of it.

"I have a very important question that many have been wanting answered."

I stared at him with the worst glare I could muster.

 "Is shy, insecure Camila a freak in the sheets?" Darren wiggled his eyebrows.

 "Get. Out. Of. The. Way," I said through clenched teeth. I shoved past Darren and took long strides to homeroom.

I wish the questions and staring would stop. A growing part of me, though I hated to admit it, was wishing Darren had never said anything; outed me. I thought I would be able to handle it, but this was just ridiculous.

The better news came in homeroom. Dinah, Normani, and Ally were barely any different than before. I could tell they were holding back questions but they didn't voice them, just asked about last nights homework. 

"You'd better have finished our chemistry packet, Dinah."

"Yeah I might have to borrow yours next break."

Normani and Dinah's eyes swiped towards me. "You guys can ask me," I sighed and they all turned, "I know you're full of questions so go for it."

"I will," Dinah looked as if she had been waiting for me to grant permission, "So are you and Camila in a relationship."

"I don't know."

"Oh come on Lauren, what does that mean? You kissed her didn't you?"

"Yes."

"Ugh you're horrible," Dinah frowned at the lack of information I was providing.

"So you like her?" Normani asked.

"Yes."

"When did you start liking her?"

"From the moment I met her I guess," I kept my face void of emotion as I answered every question.

"That's so cUTE!" Normani gushed before Dinah shushed her.

"So what happened over break?"

"Nothing."

Dinah looked at me seriously, "Lauren, help us out here. We're your best friends. You can tell us."

I sighed, "So I invited her over and we might have kissed."

"So that's when it happened."

"What was that like?" Normani asked. Everyone looked at her weirdly. "What? I'm just wondering."

"It was...indescribable."

"Do you regret it?"

"I don't know..."